Airpods and iPhone behavior

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by kevinf1990, Oct 9, 2017.

1. kevinf1990 macrumors member

I have noticed that sometimes if my airpods have not been paired to the iPhone 8+ for a while, the airpods card takes a couple of seconds to pop up once I have opened the case. Is this normal? The batteries are all at a good level.

Also, if I had paired the Airpods earlier to my macbook and later on use it on the phone, the audio ouptut does not automatically switch to the airpods like it normally does when i use the airpods and I have to manually change it from "iPhone" to "Kevin's Airpods" in control center.

2. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

Yep, happens to me as well. Apple probably needs to update the Airpods. I believe we are on version 3.7.2

3. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Mine were much more responsive before the 11.1 beta, like instant pairing. Now its a good 8/10 seconds and if i start with just one in and then add the second one later it never wants to activate.

4. TouchedByAl macrumors regular

TouchedByAl

Same here. Hopefully it’s fixed in a future update soon.

5. kevinf1990 thread starter macrumors member

I don't think this was an iOS 11 specific bug though. I've noticed this on iOS 10 as well. Is it normal to have to manually select(not pair) the airpods as the output source after using it on a macbook?

6. H1JJY macrumors member

I’ve noticed my AirPods are not as good on iOS11.
    Longer to pair up, dropping off when I’ve stopped the music and not playing music back through them after taking a call on my AirPods

7. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

yes that been much worse but it is kinds of random o0ne day it was horrible and took minutes to get music to play on them again. I ahve two pair and they both do it. but some days its s fine it seems worse at my shop then it is around my house.