Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Airport 3.1.1

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
In your software update:

Airport Software 3.1.1

This software update provides improved AirPort wireless networking software, and is recommended for all users with an AirPort Extreme enabled computer or an AirPort Extreme base station.

New AirPort Extreme Base Station Features

This software includes v 5.1.1 of the AirPort Extreme base station firmware. Instructions for updating the base station firmware can be found in AirPort Help.

This update is compliant with the final IEEE 802.11g specification for both the AirPort Extreme base station and AirPort Extreme client. Additional new features include AirPort Extreme base station and client support for Interference Robustness, which provides improved performance when 2.4GHz devices like cordless phones and wireless video distribution system cause significant interference with the AirPort network, simpler WDS setup within the AirPort Admin Utility, and more.

JW

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Originally posted by applemacdude
What I really want is updated powerbooks and imacs....
Yeah tell me about it, I keep getting my hopes up. I visit this page four or five times a day, hoping to see something about new Powerbooks.

Oooh! New post! Oh...Airport Software. :(

Comment

MovieGuy

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2003
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Perhaps they should put those updated PowerBooks and iMacs on the software update :D

I would update! Just wish I could get a g card for my quicksilver G4 to work with my extreem base station. still going at 11mbps, but I want more speed.

Comment

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Originally posted by MattG
Yeah tell me about it, I keep getting my hopes up. I visit this page four or five times a day, hoping to see something about new Powerbooks.

I'm the same way. I bet macrumors traffic will go back to nothing after the new PowerBooks get here.

"Year of the Notebooks" my butt. It was really like "Mid February of the Notebooks"

Comment

jaedreth

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2003
In Iraq now
AirPort Update

I am going to update. As soon as I get home. :)

And 3-4 times a day? I probably check this site at least fifty times a day. *Hehe* Of course I'm reading and replying to posts...

Jaedreth

Comment

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
Originally posted by MattG

Me too, and I'm not even in the market for a powerbook!

Comment

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
Originally posted by MovieGuy
I would update! Just wish I could get a g card for my quicksilver G4 to work with my extreem base station. still going at 11mbps, but I want more speed.

I have regular ol' airport in my ibook with an extreme basestation and antenna. I think its actually faster than my mac thats hardwired through airport.

Comment

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I just all the time for any possible chance that there is a Page 1 "PowerBooks have finally arrived!" in the headlines. But alas, no such luck. It sucks, too, because after all these years, my dad keeps bringing up the subject of "So...have they updated that PowerBook you want yet? We need to go shopping for your new laptop soon" I keep telling him "Soon...maybe next week...soon..." But after 3 or so months of this, it's getting hard to make excuses to keep holding off the the new 15".

Comment

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
ARN, do a page one article...

Powerbooks Finally Arrive....

HAHA Fooled you didn't I?

And watch the negative ratings soar to all time highs.

Comment

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
ARN, do a page one article...

Powerbooks Finally Arrive....

HAHA Fooled you didn't I?

And watch the negative ratings soar to all time highs.

That's just mean :D Arn's not a meany...I think (looks all scared at arn)

I'm happy with this update, but that's only because I got my AE all installed and working the other day, so it's my new gadget (until I can afford an iPod, that's my uber gadget).

AppleMatt

Comment

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Originally posted by MovieGuy

Try the Linksys WMP54G PCI card -- I've got one in my B&W frankenstein G4 -- it runs off Apple's Airport Extreme drivers, without any modifications.

Comment

danielgrenell

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx, NY
thank god this is here. i live in an apartment building, and a few of my neighbors had 2.4GHz phones, and it would constantly interfere with my connection. i look forward to the newly found rock solid stability!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.