Airport Express losign signal with AirTunes...but not printer...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by speed12, Jan 27, 2009.

1. speed12 macrumors regular

Hey,

I picked up my new Alu MacBook last week (which is superb ...but thats for another thread!!) and an airport express to go with it to use for AirTunes and printing. I plugged it in, set it up and perfect everything works, we have wireless music and printing! Except the next time I fired iTunes up it couldnt find the airport express. I turned the AX on and off and it picked it up again and ran fine for the rest of the time I was listening to some music. It then did exactly the same every time I stopped listening to music and then fired it up again and it involves a reset every time and then its fine. But the weird thing is that printing works whenever, no need to reset it at all.

It's not a huge issue as the AX is next to my amp I'd have to turn on anyway so I can do two at the same time, but it is a little frustrating.

Anyone experienced anything similar and has a solution?

Cheers!

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

when you say "fire up iTunes" is it completely shut down? and not just the window closed. If you change your network connection (from wired to wireless for example), iTunes can loose track of expresses. try completely quitting iTunes, and restarting it.

This is assuming you're on a mac.