Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vkapoormd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Sometimes when i try to stream I tunes from my desktop (with the installed Airport card), the signal cuts out. The airport icon on the desktop continues to show full strength signals and that it is connected to the airport express, and i have the appropriate speakers selected in iTunes. I have tried to reset the AE, but it still happens periodically. It's definitely not a matter of distance as my desktop sits about 5 feet from my stereo. I am wondering if my adjacent D link router could be causing some interference. Has something like this happened to AE users? :confused:

bonk

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2003
do a search for this topic - there was a lot of this going around when the express first came out. basically, the biggest problem seemed to be if there were 802.11b and 802.11g cards mixing on the network. if you have devices with both, try setting your network to 'b only' in the airport utility. (or if all of your devices are 'g', set your network to 'g only'.) otherwise, there were reports of some cordless phones causing interference (2.4ghz - I think) - make sure 'use interference robustness' is turned on.

beyond that, you may still get an occaisional drop or two (I get one a day or so for a second), but this all should pretty much clear up any problems you're having.

good luck!

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2004
west sussex UK
bonk said:
do a search for this topic - there was a lot of this going around when the express first came out. basically, the biggest problem seemed to be if there were 802.11b and 802.11g cards mixing on the network. if you have devices with both, try setting your network to 'b only' in the airport utility. (or if all of your devices are 'g', set your network to 'g only'.) otherwise, there were reports of some cordless phones causing interference (2.4ghz - I think) - make sure 'use interference robustness' is turned on.

beyond that, you may still get an occaisional drop or two (I get one a day or so for a second), but this all should pretty much clear up any problems you're having.

good luck!

i have the same prob
sorry for bieng a bit thick but exactly where do i find the airport utility

just opened airport express set up in utilities folder but i cant find the bit about b & g

ta

dino

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2006
stereo interference with airport

when i play itunes through my stereo using airport there is a hum and the music comes through on all the other stereo channels, phono, tuner, cd etc.
anyone got any ideas or able to point me n the right direction for some info.

dino

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2006
yeah the printer.
i fixed it by turning the printer off at the socket. is this a ground loop?

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
dino said:
yeah the printer.
i fixed it by turning the printer off at the socket. is this a ground loop?

I printer want cause nothing, I was thinking stuff along the line of transferring data from one computer to another, very high speed net, and etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.