Airport Express won't stay connected to my router

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by suprnowa, Jan 30, 2011.

1. suprnowa, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011

suprnowa macrumors newbie

Welcome
    At home I have a WiFi router OvisLink AirLive POE 1Watt 3G 802.11n (Air3G) and to it via WiFi plugged the Airport Express is plugged in the jack to send music and a printer into the USB. After resetting the Airport settings works, but after a few hours, suddenly dies, it can not be detected by the Airport utility and do not see it to be connected to the router and you can not use external speakers.
    I would add that the Airport is to join an existing WiFi network, so I have set. The range is 90%. This light glows green
    It seems as if it is somehow blocked, to sleep, off the electricity does not help, the only way out is reset.
    How all is well, after a hard reset the printer is visible, sends the music from the iTunes properly.
    The software is the latest.
    Maybe someone had a similar problem?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

What does the LED that was green look like when it "dies"? Is it still green? Off? Yellow? Blinking?

B

3. suprnowa thread starter macrumors newbie

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Very weird. I haven't experienced this myself and since the light is green the Express doesn't seem to think there is a problem. How odd.

You may wish to edit your thread title to something more descriptive like "Airport Express won't stay connected to my router" so anyone with similar experience can find it more easily.

EDIT: After checking out the AirLive website, I wonder if part of the issue is the router. While they may be perfectly fine products they don't seem to be in the same league as the D-Link, Netgear, Linksys, ... of the world. Are you using the POE bits?

B