Airport extreme bandwidth monitoring

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bpfremm, Oct 17, 2011.

1. bpfremm macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I'm going to give uverse a try. It seems like 250gb is a lot, but I guess you never know. I wanted to just compare with what AT&T shows so I was looking at using the snmp option in my router. I tried using trafficx but it seems to not be working right because at times it will say I used like a terabyte in the matters of seconds which isn't possible with my Internet speeds. Anyone have better luck with a different app? I have a few computers and two smartphones so I need to watch what is going out the WAN port.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I use Netuse and it works well. $7.99 in the app store.

3. bpfremm thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have to leave it running all the time or will it just calculate it correctly based on what it can retrieve from the airport extreme?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It retrieves logs from the AE when you start the app and it accurate. It does not need to be running all the time.

The first time you run it the app suggests you restart the AE to clear the logs and also reset the tracking in the app so you are starting fresh, but after that you just start the app whenever you want to check on data usage.