Airport Extreme (brand new) dropping wifi signal every few minutes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by spencecb, Feb 14, 2012.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I have a brand new Airport Extreme, and every few minutes it drops the wireless signal and the only way to correct it is to reset the router. What gives?

It has the most up to date firmware (did one out of the box). Multiple devices are connected to it, either via wireless or directly plugged in via Ethernet. One Mac (Ethernet), one iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, Windows Phone, Windows desktop (wireless).

Every time the connection goes, every wirelesss device can no longer see the network and it does not reappear until the Airport has been reset.

I've already tried restoring from factory settings and starting from scratch, but this did nothing to help with the problem.

Any thoughts or ideas? Or did I get a bad one out of the box?

All software (and I mean all) is the latest on every device. OS X 10.7.3, iOS 5.0.1, all updates applied to Windows 7 and Windows Phone 7.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried selecting a different channel? The AirPort Radar widget can show you what channels are being used by nearby networks, to avoid conflicts/interference.

3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I have not tried that, though I suppose I should. Wasn't a problem with the router that it replaced, though.

4. PeckhamBog macrumors 6502

PeckhamBog