AirPort Extreme - Extended AirPorts Drop After 7.6 Update

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by southerndoc, Dec 3, 2011.

1. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I had 3 AirPort Extremes set up so that 1 was the main, and 2 others were extended. Everything worked perfectly with 7.5.2, but since updating the firmware to 7.6, the two "extenders" are dropping periodically and I have to power cycle them to show back up on my main AE.

I haven't changed any settings, and I've tried changing configurations, resetting to factory defaults, etc. No luck.

Basically if I unplug AE 2 and 3 and plug them back up, it'll register with the main (AE 1) router. If I power cycle the main router or after a period of time, AE 2 and 3 will drop the connection and must be power cycled again before they will connect to the network.

As I mentioned before, everything was working perfectly prior to the firmware upgrade. Not sure why I even upgraded!

2. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 65816

southerndoc

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You can revert back to 7.5.2 if you feel 7.6 caused the issues. Personally, my 2011 Time Capsule extends just fine to my Express with all of them running 7.6.

4. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Actually that solved the problem. Reverted back to 7.5.2. Should've never upgraded it since I wasn't having any problems.

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I haven't had any problems with 7.6. I have a 2011 Extreme acting as the main, and a 2008? Extreme acting as an extender for the basement and a 2008? Express in one of the bedrooms for airplay and also extending the network. In fact since upgrading, airplay has worked a lot better with less drop outs.

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

I reverted then reinstalled 7.6 and all is fine.

7. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I only had the first half of your problem. After updating to 7.6 the extended networks dropped. Since power cycling them, they have been OK, at least so far.