Airport Extreme - Internet Down - "Ethernet Unplugged" AirPort Utility. Light Green

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Scottsdale, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

This is the Airport Extreme Wireless Base Station 802.11n

Ok, this is different than the other thread mentioning green light no Internet.

Two months ago I moved and when I got to new place and connected Airport Extreme Base Station 802.11n to LAN with SAME configuration and service provider. Tried four cables and same results; when I login to AirPort Utility it said "Ethernet Unplugged." It was. I gave up after a few hours.

Today I decided to take this on and fix it because I am sick of using 3G for my iPhone and one of the Ethernet cables for my Mac Internet connection.

So, light is GREEN. I tried the same four cables. No luck. Login to AirPort Utility. Tells me the Ethernet cable is not connected to the WAN port. It is.

I completely reset the AirPort Extreme Base Station via the back reset button. I completely reconfigure the device. I reboot several times. I try all four cables again and still says Ethernet Cable is not connected to WAN port.

I try rebooting it several times, and I try logging into it from two Macs (one of which works from another wireless network via Airport Extreme Base Station. I also try my Windows XP Pro machine that always worked on the Airport Extreme Base Station network in the past.

So, light is green confirming all is well, but all is NOT well. I get no Internet, and the AirPort Utility tells me the Ethernet cable is NOT connected but it is.

ANY and ALL help will be gratefully appreciated. I know it is the weekend, and I hope someone runs across this thread who knows an easy fix. I do not want to take it apart, although I considered it via trying the iFixIt Guide for the AirPort Extreme Base Station. It is only about 18 months old and I think the Apple Care from my MBP will cover it??? NOT on same receipt? Will Apple Care cover it if not a simple software or firmware fix???

Thanks again to you all. Have a nice weekend. Your time will be greatly appreciated and I will update thread the minute this thing starts working.

Cheers...
    Unfortunately, WIRED to the net.

2. Scottsdale thread starter macrumors 601

Scottsdale

3. emt1 macrumors 65816

I'm sorry if this is obvious to you but I just want to confirm...

You have the cable modem plugged into the WAN port of the AirPort, correct?

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

and you have reset the modem (power down for 10-15 seconds) after switching the ethernet cable from one device to another?

5. emt1 macrumors 65816

Also, Apple Care will cover it if you use it with the covered computer

6. Scottsdale thread starter macrumors 601

Scottsdale

No (edited error) worries about the obvious. Yes I have rebooted and reset. I can get the computers and today even tried a friend's Netgear with success. So I am assuming it's broken or there is something I need to do.

I had hoped others had experienced this and was a simple fix. I appreciate all your assistance.

Cheers