Airport Extreme seems to drop connection - with Siemans Gigaset SE587

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kriz105, May 18, 2008.

1. kriz105 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys
    I have recently 'upgraded' my isp, in the uk, to Tiscali.
    They supply my tv, internet and telephone.
    I have a set top box that has a router attached to it (Siemans Gigaset SE587), this in then attached to my Airport Extreme.
    After some minutes i lose connection. I have tried changing Channels which allows me go back on line again, but i think its more a case of it working after every time i restart my Airport. and have even reset the Airport Extreme to create a new network.
    The loss of connection has nothing to do with my isp because I am currently directly linked into my mac using the ethernet into my mac . And no connection drop.
    Does anyone have a clue what this might be. I am sure my Airport is in good working order, I say that because it was working fine before my isp change.
    And when it is able to stay up its working very well.
    Any advice will be greatly received.
    I cant find anything on line that might suggest the router and airport might not be compatible.
    Help!
    Thankyou
    19/05/08 Update from a colleague - Has anyone heard about an system update that causes Airport Extreme to lose connecton? If i restart the Airport it works, but I have to restart every so many minutes

2. kriz105 thread starter macrumors newbie

19/05/08 - Update from a colleague

19/05/08 - Update from a colleague - Has anyone heard about an system update that causes Airport Extreme to lose connecton? If i restart the Airport it works, but I have to restart every so many minutes