Airport Extreme > TP Link Powerline wifi > Xbox 360 (Open NAT)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Frizers, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Frizers macrumors regular

Hi guys I posted this under peripherals because I wasn't sure where else it should be put.

I've currently got an airport extreme base station into which a TP Powerline adaptor is plugged, sending the signal to a wifi TP Powerline adaptor the other side of the house, which has 2 ethernet ports I'm using for the blu-ray player and the xbox. The signal is great, really fast, but I can't seem to open the NAT.

I've followed instructions on how to open it using a youtube video (can't find it again now), and I managed to change it from Strict to Moderate. I've attached screenshots of the settings i've entered (the IP address of the Xbox is definitely correct). To be honest, I don't really understand what all this is doing and what I should do next so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Based on what I am seeing at this Xbox support page here...

[​IMG]

you want to set it up like this.

[​IMG]

3. Frizers thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks very much! Sorry I thought it was to do with my setup and I guess following random videos on Youtube in the future isn't the greatest idea (although it did have tens of thousands of views). Thank you!