Airport Extreme: Whats the potential for the firmware update to become corrupted?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crellion, Feb 19, 2012.

1. crellion macrumors member

Does anyone know how I can tell if a firmware update I made was corrupted or foobared during the actual update process?

I used the 5.5.3 utility to update my Airport Extreme the other day to 7.6.1 and I was going through the motions all the way to the router reboot part...

I was doing this update wirelessly and somehow the Airport Utility on my laptop couldn't detect my rebooted router (No Airport Detected) - so I never got the "Update Successful Confirmation."

However, using my Airport Utility on my other computers, I was able to verify my Airport Extreme was now at 7.6.1 (plus it showed "Firmware 7.6.1 Initialized" in the logs), but I was wondering if I screwed something up if I didn't see the "Update Successful Confirmation" during the formal update process?

Everything seems to continue be working fine though, as far as I can tell on my Airport Extreme after this update...

2. ea9 macrumors regular

Nah it's normal. When it reboots your airport utility can't find it anymore. All is fine !

3. crellion thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for reassurance ea9. I'm kind of wondering though if there were cases where people bricked/corrupted their Airport Extreme from a bad update before?