Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Engyfirejr32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I have an Airport Extreme setup at my house that I have been using for a while. I just bout a Buffalo LS421de NAS for use with all the Macs in my house. I was wondering if anyone has had success in doing so? I cannot even get through the setup for the NAS. I believe it is due to settings on my Airport Extreme, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Engyfirejr32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Re

Yes I followed the User Manual and when I go to install the Mac software I get an error saying "Unable to change IP Address"

Celerondon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2013
Southern Cal
It Happened Last Night

Yes I followed the User Manual and when I go to install the Mac software I get an error saying "Unable to change IP Address"

I just installed a "new" A1408 model AirPort Extreme for our home network. I also reattached the existing Seagate GoFlex Home NAS. The only minor hitch was the password issue. In my case, the Mac has an Admin username/password combination and the NAS has another pair. I had to use both for the original installation and when asked, I always have to respond with the correct login pair.

Perhaps your software is "Unable to change IP Address” because it has not been properly authorized to do so.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I have the same NAS and works great with my Time Capsule. You need to let it format and install the firmware on the hard drive first and then u plug into the network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.