Home Airport Firmware Update 7.6.7 Improves Siri/Homekit on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Arran, May 28, 2016.

1. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Ever since I updated my airport devices to firmware 7.6.7 five days ago, Using Siri to control Philips Hue via the watch has been unbelievably reliable. Before it was hit and miss. (Miss, mostly, to be brutally honest.)

Now its fast and reliable. And it's been like that for five days. No more, "I couldn't get a response from your devices..."

Anyone else experiencing the same?

2. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

kinda soon to tell for me but yes it's been hittin every time we'll see if it continues. I have a hue setup as well and someone's issue commands from apple watch

3. kepardue macrumors 6502

I've noticed a slight improvement with Siri performing individual tasks, but I still get timeouts when enabling scenes. Still, any improvement is a welcome one.

4. Arran thread starter macrumors 68040

Arran

Still going strong here.

I really do feel it's improved the watches wifi connection. Before the upgrade, the watch would often spin its wheels when I asked Siri change the lights. iPhone Siri, OTOH, was always much more reliable (just not as convenient)

With this airport upgrade, watch Siri is now as reliable as iPhone Siri. I'm happy!

5. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I think there were a lot of under the hood improvements with Siri. Asking store hours now works for example (it use to say it could t tell you that information).