Airport setup help

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Help! I've got my cable modem to work when it is plugged directly into the ethernet port on the back of my computer. But, when I connect the ethernet to my airport, and try to use it, it does not work. I've tried aiport setup, connect to internet, network, just about everything, but I don't know what to do.

Can someone walk me through this?

I have InsightBB cable and an RCA cable modem.

Thanks in advance.

M

hui__lim

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2002
I too seem to have a problem with my airport. I've got a Microsoft network in my house and when I plug the airport base station into the Microsoft network and activate the airport card in my laptop, it doesn't seem to connect to the net. Any suggestions? I have even tried placing the LAN cable to the WAN but nothing.
Thanks in advance,
Hui Lim

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Power off the cablemodem. Leave it off for at least 5 minutes. Turn it back on with the airport base connected to it.

This may fix your problem. (If you have the airport configured correctly.)

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
I connected a short ethernet patch cable from the airport to the computer and then ran the authentication software. It connected and then said I was using a different computer (it saw the airport), and I registered it. It still didn't work at first, but the next morning, I was playing around with it, and it worked. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining.