Airport Utility can't "see" my Airport Express anymore?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hopstretch, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Hopstretch macrumors regular

Hopstretch

I've been running an AE for a while for wireless printing and music streaming. Recently it has been a bit skittish, so I reset it. Now, Airport Utility is completely unable to detect it, even though it shows up fine in the list of available networks on my iMac menu bar. Any thoughts?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I am having the same issue on my 15" Aluminum PowerBook G4 (10.5.3) I am able to connect wirelessly for internet, but unable to manage settings thru Airport Utility or print wirelessly (could not even re-add the printer).

My girlfriend's iBook (10.3.9) is able to access internet and manage settings thru the previous version of Airport Utility.

3. JnDRader macrumors regular

Same issue here. Just bought it and Airport Utility can't "see" it. If I manually connect via IP I can get into it though. PITA and not a great start to the "Mac stuff just works" that I've been telling my wife. I'm hoping the printing works with it in this state but I'm doubtfull. From what I've read it seems to be a problem with the Airport Utility software versions so hopefully a fix comes soon.

FWIW, I'm connecting via XP.

4. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

I used to have that issue. AirPort Utility 5.3.1 could see the Express once, but after updating the Express' settings, it will go missing. The only way I could edit the Express' settings is to reset it. :mad:

Oddly, now that I'm using AirPort Utility 5.3.2 (latest update), the problem seems to have gone. I can access and edit the Express' settings any time I want.

5. JnDRader macrumors regular

Update

I'm running XP and had to disable some of the items under the wireless card properties to get Airport Utility to see it. I have VPN software loaded and that addd some "protocols" to the card. I'm up and running now!