AirportExtreme out of stock in UK ?why

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Zedder the Dog!, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Zedder the Dog! macrumors newbie

any one any idea why i cant get hold of an airport extreme?
    apple uk state 1-2 weeks
    macwarehouse is out so is dabs?
    is there an update coming?

2. zentient macrumors newbie

I'd like to second your question. In the Netherlands it's 2-3 weeks wait. I'd like to order one right now, but I don't know how likely an update is. Does anyone have an answer?

3. Zedder the Dog! thread starter macrumors newbie

4. zentient macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads-up Zedder. I was ready to pull the trigger on an AP Extreme, but now I'm hesitating (even though the rumor really only talks about an AP Express bundle deal.)

5. Zedder the Dog! thread starter macrumors newbie

yes - reading it again minus a bottle of wine in my system its not as exciting as i first thought but i too was about to buy an AEBS and it wont hurt to wait a couple of tuesdays.

6. Zedder the Dog! thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for this. this is probably exactly what i need. basically i want to use wifi on my iphone in the garden (i have a big garden). at the moment i have 2 b/g airport expresses one in the house and one in a shed about a 1/3 of the way into the garden talking to each other in a WDS setup. (i have power to the shed but no ethernet - the things you wish you had done!) any way i have managed to get this working and can happily sit in the garden on wifi - unfortunately the signal strength is not great and atomspherically dependant - using the client monitor in airport utility i sometimes get a rate of 11 but often its down to 5 3 even 1. i was hoping to swap the AEs for a AEBS and a AE n config which had greater range and use the n extension function rather than the WDS one - however didnt realise this meant i couldnt talk to the AE with my iphone. so this upgrade looks the one for me. I could have gone for 2 AEs but the AEBS gives me the usb hard disk option and i can redeploy by existing AEs to other locations.

7. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

2.4Ghz WiFi can get absorbed by water. Switch to 5Ghz.

8. zentient macrumors newbie

Yeah, so if you put your AE under water, be sure to switch to 5 GHz first. :D

Seriously though, thanks for sharing this news bubbamike; based on this news, I'll wait a bit longer before pushing any order buttons. I have a well-developed patience muscle now thanks to waiting for the 17" MBP to surface for roughly a year.

9. Zedder the Dog! thread starter macrumors newbie

unbelievably they are out!! with remote access as well yipeee!
    might go for a TC

10. zentient macrumors newbie

Unbelievably indeed! Pinch me. Apple has moved Christmas to Spring! :D
    New AE's, new iMacs, new Mini, new... everything.