AIRPT Extreme N Crashing all the time + admin pass needed 3 times to connect??!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sdschwendener, Oct 12, 2008.

1. sdschwendener macrumors regular

I've got this awful problem. I have recently gotten an Airport Extreme N to connect my mac pro, Apple TV, and my Asus 1000h.

I havent proved this yet but my airport seems stable usually until I start to connect using my 1000h running Vista. I have all the information correct and when I first open wifi it says signal strength is 100%.. I'll open the browser to browse and the signal jumps from between 10-60% usually with internet connection getting slower and slower until 5-15 minutes later the whole network crashes.. my Mac Pro doesnt get connection, and my :apple:TV loses connection.

As you can imagine this is a real problem for me since it happens so quick. I'm not running on bridge, i've got robustness on with N + B/G. My channel is set properly with no other wifi over it.
    My next problem is sometimes, not always, and I cannot find any pattern yet, to turn on or off wifi, connect to networks or change any settings, My Pro asks me for my keychain passwords. Ill say "always allow" but it doesnt!! Randomly, later I'll have to enter my password three times in a row while it gives me an attempt to connect dialogue and at the end it sometimes fails to connect!

Why would I need to do this so much!? I've already checked and fixed permissions!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My Airport Express crashed a lot. Replaced it 4x. Bad luck I guess. On the other hand my Airport Extreme never crashes.

As for your issue, take it to the store and try to get an exchange.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Opposite here. I don't have an AEBS, but my AX G model is always up and is a little sluggish after 10+ hours of non-use, but warms up after a minute or two. Not a single problem... Can't say that for my Netgear router in the last few weeks of it's life. I think it contracted bipolar disease or something... :p

Have you tried resetting it? And reset the wireless settings on all of the devices and reconnect. Sometimes it's one computers settings screwing up the entire network.