AirTunes misses start of song

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MagnusVonMagnum, Mar 19, 2008.

1. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

Ok, put more accurately, Airtunes drops the digital signal when changing and/or starting new tracks. My digital to audio converter then loses the 'lock' on the digital signal and has to reacquire it once the airport express starts transmitting again (i.e. when the next song starts). This process takes a second or two and so I end up missing the beginning of the song every single time (unless I let the songs play into the next one without a gap or with crossfade). Is there any way to make iTunes (or say via another product like Airfoil) play 'silence' during that time so my digital to audio converter doesn't lose the lock and therefore doesn't miss the start of the track I'm changing to?

I've submitted feedback to Apple about this, but gaging by their policy of not accepting feature requests or ideas, I think I can pretty much be sure they'll just ignore it even though it seems like a good option to have for AirTunes. Even my much newer Yamaha digital receiver downstairs connected to my AppleTV can sometimes miss the start of the song (locks on much faster, but not instantaneously).

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Hmm, sounds like it is a problem with your digital to analogue converter. Or is the 'digital to audio converter' your actual amplifier?

I use AirTunes without any dropping problems. Works a treat.