al-Maliki: We Have Defeated Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Jul 6, 2008.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

CBS

All he needs now is a banner reading "mission accomplished". :)

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Next you'll tell me there are no homosexuals in Iran...

3. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

photoshop contest?

4. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Why would I do that?

Edit: LOL, Maybe Ahmadinejad said that and didn't mean it.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The decrease in violence has nothing to do with the fact that the US is paying insurgents (mercenaries, really) to join our side. And it's only a coincidence that as terrorism is decreasing in Iraq, it is increasing in Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

All I can tell you is that the decrease in violence in Iraq is solely because of the surge, and is a sign of our impending victory; and the increased violence in Afghanistan is because of the increasing desperation of the terrorists, and is a sign of our impending victory.

7. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Hopefully this will bolster al-Maliki's resolve to not sign any long-term agreement with the US, to remain in Iraq and build permanent bases there. Just about everyone in Iraq is against such an arrangement, and wants America out now. It would also deal a serious blow to Bush. Iraq is smart enough to know that Iran is on our target list, and bases in Iraq are needed to press home that war effort. Iraq is getting along with Iran, and does not want to be associated with waging war with them.

The 'brass ring' for the US has always been to create a vassal state of Iraq. But, silly little neocon boys and girls, did not have any clue as to the intelligence and sophistication of the people of that region. They pictured them as a bunch of semi-illiterate 'camel jockeys'. We would easily manipulate them down the path of righteousness. Our leaders are so arrogant, they are always misjudging the people, and cultures of the rest of the world. Our stupidity knows know boundaries. The people of Iraq understand fully what we are trying to do. We are not fooling anybody, except ourselves - a very dangerous place to find oneself. But, hey! It is just a bunch of working class, 2nd tier citizens losing their lives.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, silly me.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's because they want us out.

Whether we actually leave as they wish is another story.

10. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Actually thats happening on both sides. However the United States has more money. And thats better isn't it? lol

11. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Maliki has no place to say "We defeated them". HE hasn't done anything. :rolleyes:

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Your right but like this administration they think if they say it enough times it becomes fact. At least to the Corporate owned Media.