Al Qaeda endorses Senator McCain in Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mkrishnan, Oct 29, 2008.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/opinion/26kristof.html?em

No big surprise, just entertaining. Sorry if already posted.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

That says that everybody is expecting McFiery to do some crazy stuff.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Beautiful!

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh noes! McCain's getting terrorist endorsements! Why's he palling around with terrorists? Why don't conservatives care about McCain's terrorist connections? :p

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I mentioned this awhile ago, and it looks like it still doesn't have much play. Of course if it was the other way around, we'd be hearing nothing but this from the McCain campaign now. Actually they're trying to do it anyway. We see it with the Khalidi (sp?) thing, even though McCain has more actual ties. We've heard it's a fake out, that they're using reverse psychology, and other such things. But let's face it, they'd be better off with a furthering of the current policies, which is exactly what McCain is promising. Obama equals lower recruitment and furthering of their agendas. Barely anyone wants to say it, but we all know it.

7. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

al-queda did this to spook the american ppl who are supporting McCain, so that they will all go rushing to Obama because they think that McCain would be conspiring with the terroists

in my analysis this is Al-quedas 50-50 ticket to freedom or all out war. If McCain wins the election, to put it bluntly Al-Queda is screwed. cuz for sure mccain is going to bomb the ************* out of them when he gets the chance. whereas obama who has no military expirience, if elected al-queda will be safe and be able to plan a possible attack in the future.

thats my lil rant of what i think

honestly i dont care about our international affairs, right now im more focused on our economy 1st then we can take care of international businesses liek the war

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Al-Qaeda: world leaders in reverse psychology.

9. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

And without getting into a Princess Bride circuitous logical argument, you don't think that may be Al Qaeda has noticed that whenever they make headlines, no matter what they say, that it tends to boost support for the GOP, which has been doing a decent job of bankrupting the country over the last 8 years furthering their ultimate goal?

10. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Anecdotal :D

Doesn't matter, it's not going to change anything about this election, and by the way, I didn't vote for either of them. The times is just hoping to get some of the more idiotic Democrat supporters to the polls since they've been heavily backing Obama. A tactic that most of you have been railing against the GOP over by the way, what hypocrisy!

SLC

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The media has been extremely tough on Obama. I don't know how one could possibly claim it hasn't. Every tiny little possible dirty secret has come out and been raked over the coals.

12. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Hardly. Password-protected website.

McCain: We'll keep fighting in countries unrelated to the attacks 9/11 until the last man, and create unrest that drains our country dry and ruins our moral standing in the world!

Obama: I'm sorry, if Al Qaeda wants to play its 100 year tactics of draining American resources, weakening our power and influence, and striking at our financial institutions... I'm not going to play that game. We're going to play OFFENSE and find them where their leaders live and where they do business and kill the bastards.

I'm really getting sick of listening to people that don't read the Al Qaeda playbook, and act as if every battle we fight could mean the end to the war on terror. America's longterm strategic interests are being undermined by extraordinary ignorance, considering what we already know.

Please, let's stop arguing over the obvious, and get to solving REAL problems.

~ CB

13. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

+1
    Truer words have not been spoken.

14. Queso macrumors G4

Am I the only one that keeps reading the thread title as Al Gore? :p

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

And, since I question the timing of the Times' article, I don't really understand the hypocrisy you're railing about.

Furthermore, I don't really see how much this matters. Al Qaeda is clearly trying to influence the election, but at some point, do we really care? Isn't worrying about their intentions akin to the poison wager between the Dread Pirate Roberts and Vizzini:

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

IMO, I think they smegged up their reverse psychology.

If anything, they would have been tuned in to the rhetoric flying around this country over the past few months; especially the "Obama's a muslim" bit. If anything, it would have helped them to support Obama to further strengthen that line, leading people to vote more for McCain. Since he's for the 'wars' in Afghanistan and Iraq, more of our money would be spent for supporting that, going after Iran, causing those oil fields to get blown up, causing our prices to go up. Bin Laden stays in hiding, and we get fleeced to the point of bankruptcy after 3 - 4 years. Oh.. and we still would be the bane of the world.

All which would fall into Al Qaeda's hands, drawing up more support for them. Instead, they screwed that up.

BL.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Thank you for proving my point even better than I could.

Guess they're dancing in the streets right now, even though we won't be helping their recruitment and continuing to bankrupt our system the way they wanted.