Al Sharpton Officially Joins MSNBC

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 184550, Aug 23, 2011.

1. 184550 Guest

Deadline

Really? Who at MSNBC thought this was a good idea? I thought they wanted people to 'Lean Forward'; not backwards in disgust.

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Oh well, as much as I hate Nancy Grace and turn off HLN every time she is on, this show might make me want to turn her back on.

Really? This is the best they could come up with?

(edit) Before anyone thinks I have issues with him because he is... insert adjective...

My problem with him is he is a lightening rod for hatred and is really not very entertaining. There are far more charismatic people who they could have elevated as opposed to Rev. Sharpton.

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Or you could just watch quality television instead.

HLN is nothing more than the E! channel for news.

5. 184550 thread starter Guest

I don't watch any of 'those' shows to begin with, but what's the point of giving someone like Sharpton (insert any network/ any host) a national platform?

(Among) My thoughts exactly.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

My wife can't sleep without the TV on. HLN is supposed to be white noise, but the second that evil nasty **tch comes on, I wake up and have to change the channel.

We don't put on MSNBC because it is too partisan for sleeping, and if that were not enough, Al Sharpton would be like nails on chalkboard.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I predict he will not last on MSNBC. He can scrape by with short sound bites, not hosting a show. He is not of the journalistic caliber required to succeed in a show like this.

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

MSNBC can't seem to decide if they want to become the liberal version of Fox News or not. They fire Olbermann for being a blowhard, but then hire a divisive, outspoken political lightweight like Sharpton.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Al Sharpton has zero TV presence. Bad move by MSNBC.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've seen parts of his show twice. He is horrible and as said above, has no TV presence. Bad move MSNBC.

11. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

The correct sort of racism, anyway. Then again, hating Whitey isn't really racism, so I guess it's all OK.

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

They're going to have to put in some work in if they want to catch up with Fox News on the latent racism issue. If this is a trend that is going to continue on cable news (liberal or conservative), then their already weak credibility is further eroded.

13. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

That's more or less my concern as well. I don't find anything that he says particularly revelatory.

14. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Al Sharpton is nobody. He's famous for being famous.

His major accomplishment was defending Tawana Brawley - that's what gained him attention originally.

Remember Tawana Brawley - smeared s*** on herself and yelled assault and Sharpton got his face on camera. Suddenly he became a "community leader". What a joke. :mad:

And so it began...

15. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah, it's totally unacceptable to hire al sharpton. He's no civil rights leader, and quite frankly MLK would be insulted if he were alive to see al sharpton being regarded as that. He's a disgusting bigot.

16. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Ditching Keith Olbermann gave me a reason to watch less MSNBC, but now with Al Sharpton I feel I may come to actively avoid MSNBC, much the way I quickly skip CNN HLN when Nancy Grace is on, spouting nonsense.

17. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Please Watch Video, you won't regret it

Forget about race. Forget about everything he's done in the past. Something close to this happens EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. He is simply horrible as a newscaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQe4KOrvsM

18. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

There is little reason to be watching any of these cable news networks any more. It's largely entertainment and satire, mixed with opinion, spin, muckraking and outright lies.

Turn it off.

19. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Wow that's just awful.