Alabama car dealership offers free shotgun, bible, and American flag to customers

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/alabama-car-dealership-offers-free-shotgun-bible-and-american-flag-to-customers-230134318.html
It isn't unusual for a car dealership to throw in a couple of all-season floor mats to sweeten the deal when purchasing a new or pre-owned car, but one dealership in Alabama is taking it a step further in honor of Independence Day.

Chatom Ford in Alabama took to their Facebook page to announce a promo that will be running from now to July 31. They promise that anyone who purchases a new or pre-owned vehicle at their dealership will receive a bible, an American flag, and a 12-gauge shotgun.
it's a Ford, he should include AAA with it and lifetime roadside assistance. do wonder what kind of shotgun.

benshive

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2017
United States
What are the chances that we see a headline next month about a lawsuit this guy is in because one of his customers who doesn't know how to use a gun properly accidentally blew his or someone else's head off? :p

Reactions: Night Spring

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
Reactions: Night Spring

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/alabama-car-dealership-offers-free-shotgun-bible-and-american-flag-to-customers-230134318.html

it's a Ford, he should include AAA with it and lifetime roadside assistance. do wonder what kind of shotgun.
Where is the thumbs down on this ;). My 2 F150s and 1 Mustang were/are fantastic.

I worked for a company that gave away a shotgun at a trade show at Javits in NY.

Edit: I must admit, I had a few transmission rebuilds on my Mustang....but I think the fault may be that of the driver :).
[doublepost=1561564296][/doublepost]
What are the chances that we see a headline next month about a lawsuit this guy is in because one of his customers who doesn't know how to use a gun properly accidentally blew his or someone else's head off? :p
Guessing about .0005 % or less.

Reactions: jkcerda

cube

macrumors P6
May 10, 2004
If they believe in freedom they should also give out a lighter.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Well if you give a shotgun to a customer... I guess that's confidence in what you sell. Or maybe the bible also has Colossians 3:13 bookmarked :D

Reactions: tshrimp

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
It's a Ford... Don't need a bible. Have maybe 40 of them in various languages. Don't like shotguns much. Have one. Rarely use it.

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
Very unfortunate.

I’m sure the new ammo law will fix this from ever happening again. /s
I don’t know what the solution is. I came on here to see if there was a posting about the Ford dealership shooting which is a local story for me and instead I ironically see a post about another Ford dealership giving guns away.

If 2nd amendment defenders were put in charge of the opioid epidemic their solution would be to put more opioids on the market and reduce restrictions. After all, they do have a medical purpose and it’s the individual's fault if they get addicted. Why punish everybody? The 2nd amendment people know well about addiction. If you took their guns away they’d start getting the withdrawal shakes convinced the government or bad guys are going to descend on them at any moment.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Probably nil.

It’s not the first time these kinds of “incentives” have been offered.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
What? No hand grenades?

Ford... buy our cars and pray.
[doublepost=1561652463][/doublepost]
Lets be honest, for most of us Alabama is already on the list of places not to visit. This is just a symptom of why.
There are sections of the state where the natural scenery is breathtaking. Besides, they're making progress. My understanding is that the last dry county saw the light in 2016 and allowed the sale of booze.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Lets be honest, for most of us Alabama is already on the list of places not to visit. This is just a symptom of why.
I would imagine most practicing Christians already own bibles, so this is just a politics to help my business, and what a great collection of symbols to appeal to the locals. What could be more American? :rolleyes::oops:

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I would imagine most practicing Christians already own bibles, so this is just a politics to help my business, and what a great collection of symbols to appeal to the locals. What could be more American? :rolleyes::oops:
Most Protestants have have Bibles, but the vast majority of Catholics don't.o_O If not for the Liturgy of the Word, most Catholics wouldn't know what it says in the Bible.:oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: Huntn

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Probably a lot less than someone buying a vehicle and hurting or killing themselves or someone else with it.