Alarm App That Plays Your Music Lib In Background?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMacGFEs, Oct 24, 2011.

1. iMacGFEs macrumors newbie

I'm looking for an iPhone Alarm Clock App that allows you to play a song(s) from your phones music library w/out having to be open ie running in the background. All the apps I've seen, and a couple I own, can only play your selected music as long as the app is open. Do you know of an App that can do this?

Thx

2. iMacGFEs thread starter macrumors newbie

3. iMacGFEs thread starter macrumors newbie

Or...does anyone know of a better forum to find an answer to this question?

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

If you don't need more than 30 seconds for your alarm then find the instructions for making ringtones with iTunes and you can use them with the stock alarm.

Give any discussion forum site at least a day for responses. This isn't a pid tech support site.

5. iMacGFEs thread starter macrumors newbie

takeshi74, thanks for the response. :)

I have custom ringtones, but as far I understand, you can't set specific ringtones to specific events on your calendar. You can only set one ringtone as a universal alarm sound. Is that correct?

6. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

I have "Alarm Clock Pro" by iHandy. Its awesome. It has a ton of great reviews. It lets you choose a playlist or artist to wake up to.

Edit: Oh my bad. I didn't understand what you meant at first. With Alarm Clock Pro it has to be open to play music otherwise it plays the default sound. Sorry -

7. iMacGFEs thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah rustyosaurus, I have the same App. It's great when it's open, but I'm hoping to find an App that can perform that function in the background. Thanks anyways though. :)

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

9. iMacGFEs thread starter macrumors newbie

asleep, does Alarmed play your music as an alarm if the app is closed?

10. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

What do you mean? Are you asking can you set custom ringtones to calendar events? If so then yes you can. The native alarm clock is probably your best bet. Some of the alarm clocks in the app store require you to leave it running.

11. iMacGFEs thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Dave, I mean that as far as I know, you can only set a global ringtone for calendar alerts, as opposed to setting individual ringtones per each event. In other words, all events can only have one ringtone assigned to them at a time, until you change the ringtone for calendar alerts.

Are you saying that you can set different ringtones for various events on your Calendar? If so, I'm not aware of how to do this. This is what I want to do.

Thanks

12. bettaboy123 macrumors member

iHome + Sleep app. I used it on my iPod touch when I had it and I use it on my iPad now. It's a very nice app. :)

13. swamm81 macrumors newbie

I've just installed iHome + Sleep. It's exactly what I was looking for. It will wake you with a beep, then starts to play your chosen song. Will play it repeatedly until you stop it. Haha! Great! It's going to be fun waking up from now :)