Alaska TV reporter resigns on air to fight for marijuana legalization

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Wild-Bill, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I saw that..It sounded like she was getting ready to be fired for her causes so she quit instead.

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

4. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

Weed is all NATURAL! its from the GROUND! hence i will smoke WHEN I WANT. but all those DANGEROUS FDA-approved drugs which all have their roots (no pun intended) in plants are not for me!!

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I don't see the problem, she is going to devote resources to something she believes in, more power to her.

6. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Might very well be.

She could end up writing for the Huffington Post. Be the expert on how awesome it is being a drug addict.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

True.
    I just find dedicating your life to drugs not a smart choice. But that's just my personal opinion.
    Whatever rocks her boat.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I don't know, seems like a decent capitalistic venture while the going gets good :eek:, I don't smoke BUT I would sure as hell see about profiting from it :)

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I really wish people would stop calling pot a drug. It's not a drug. It's a plant.

Some drugs come from plants but those are processed and altered before becoming a drug.

Pot is not.

10. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

How cute. I actually thought pot was a round container used for cooking, but what do I know?

11. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Khat is a plant...you support that too? More importantly, you support the expansion of thought addled legalized drug addiction?

Ever consider reading "Brave New World"

[​IMG]

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No idea.

Other than having heard of it, I don't know about it's effects, benefits and hazards.

13. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Banned in most first world nations.

Legal in Somalia.

Must be great. All natural and loved by native peoples. What could go wrong?

14. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Get your head out of the books and take a peak at real life: Tobacco is a highly addictive substance, is legal, and yet has shown a sharp decline in use in the last several decades. Alcohol is also an addictive substance, which they tried to ban, yet that just made matters worse!

The war on drugs is nothing but a repeat of the latter. Just replace Mafia with Drug Cartels. If you want to actually reduce marijuana and drug use, the solution is education, NOT legislation.

15. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I support federal distribution of free crack to anyone over 18 to reduce the use of crack...

Makes perfect sense.

16. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Loves it.

----------

Yeah because that's EXACTLY the same thing as marijuana legalization. Keep up the reefer madness, I enjoy watching your side slowly and painfully lose everything they've ever stood for.:D

17. APlotdevice, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You have exactly the same mindset as those who defended alcohol prohibition.

Seriously, just swap out "crack" for "booze" and then imagine how that very argument could have been (and probably was) used in the 20s and early 30s.

18. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I saw this earlier, and while I thought it was hilarious (while you expected something since she was outed, you really didn't expect THAT), you have to wonder what's zanier..

.. The fact that she dropped the F bomb on the news station and it got out on the airwaves before she quit...

.. Or the fact that there are black people in Alaska! It's too damn cold! :D :p

Disclaimer: I'm Black and from Nebraska. it gets cold enough there as is!

BL.

19. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

"My Side?"

As in most of the planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

For what it's worth, I don't think possession of small amounts should be a felony. Just a small fine at worse and not grounds for ad hoc police searches.

Selling = felony.

20. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Yeah, and most of the planet is WRONG. Wouldn't be a first time. I'm glad the US is leading the legalization movement. I give it about a decade, it will be legal and taxes in all 50 states.

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

So you support drug cartels? Illegality just feeds the black market. The "war on drugs" is an abysmal failure and we should be embarrassed we're still continuing that charade.

Furthermore, every recent study has shown that the majority of Americans favor legalization.

22. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

Really, then why has it not been legalized when people can vote for it?

On a more serious note, I think it should be legalized, but the culture of it should change. With legalization, I think that would happen.

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Is this some kind of grade school insult ?

Read the rules.

strike one.

24. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

I’n not sure I agree with those first 3 points, but that last one ... oh yeah!