Album Art: Right on Nano. Wrong on iPhone.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eventualhorcrux, Mar 8, 2010.

1. eventualhorcrux macrumors newbie

eventualhorcrux

Ahoy! This has been bugging me for a while now and I've Google'd my butt off (*sniffles*) trying to find a solution. (I also tried searching the forums here, but a lot of the album art related questions had more to do with disappearing art and other problems that aren't quite the same.) I've had a podcast for a few years. In the RSS goodness, there's the album art bit that shows up as the main podcast image in iTunes. Every now and then, I will change the artwork on a per episode basis. And for some reason, the podcast art carries over to the Nano (in my case, the awesome stubby one) but it doesn't carry over to my iPhone 3G. Instead, the iPhone will display my default podcast art. For the record, the correct artwork also shows up for the individual episodes when I highlight them in iTunes. My iPhone is the only bit it doesn't seem to cooperate with.

So... to recap:
    Main podcast art set. Check.
    Different artwork for a few episodes here and there. Check.
    Correct "per episode" artwork on Nano. Check.
    Correct "per episode" artwork on iPhone. Epiiiiiiiccc faaaiiilll!

If this is happening on my end, I imagine it's happening to my listeners as well. And it sucks for them to not have the album art I intended for the individual episodes. There's another podcaster in my area who does this from time to time. I downloaded an episode of his and synced it with the Nano and my iPhone. The same thing happened. His per episode album art shows up on the Nano, but his default artwork is what shows up on the iPhone.

I suppose my question is this: Is there a place for me to fix this in my RSS feed, or did Apple disallow individual episode artwork for the iPhone? Just curious. I hope I'm just doing something wrong, so that it's fixable (as opposed to having to have it Apple's way and being stuck with the lack of podcast art customization).

Sorry for the wall of text. Trying to be thorough. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you give me a link to your podcast, I can check if the same problem occurs on my iPod Touch. It could be that the problem is just with your iPhone/syncing.

3. eventualhorcrux thread starter macrumors newbie

eventualhorcrux

That would be cool. I hadn't actually thought about having someone else test it with their own hardware. The iTunes link is ---> here. The most recent entry (titled "Quickie Movie Request" or something like that) is a good example of the issue I'm having. What shows up on the Nano is a picture of a reel of film. My phone shows the default instead. Thanks for the offer to test it.

By the way: I apologize (to the forum honchos) for the placement of this post. The other wiener who uses this computer keeps messing with the scroll speed, so I zipped right past the section where all the iPhone related help posts are. I would have placed this there had I noticed it at the time.