Album in Music.app out of order

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by PowerBook-G5, Jan 27, 2015.

1. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

In the Music app on my iPhone, one of the albums is out of order, and I cannot figure out how to get it in the right order. For all of the albums I have, it says "© X Year The copyright in they sound..." and then under that, it has a year. This second year is the year that the album was released, except for one (in my case, X & Y, released in 2005, not 2013). I have synced the phone with iTunes, and checked to make sure that everything in iTunes on my MacBook is right, and it is still wrong. Additionally, my iPad has the albums in the RIGHT order :confused:. Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_6461.PNG

Also, I thought that I'd add that i do have other albums by Coldplay that SHOULD be between X & Y and Ghost Stories. Thanks!

2. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

The original album was released/copyrighted in 2005, but the digital version on that album was released on iTunes in 2013. Or re-released it to iTunes in 2013.

3. afsnyder macrumors 65816

iTunes orders it by the release date.

4. Razeus macrumors 601

Just change the year to the proper year in the Get Info tab. Not a big deal.

5. PowerBook-G5 thread starter macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

I have. It says 2005 under year in Get Info, not 2013 :confused:

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sorry to thread hijack, but on the same subject, is it possible to sort by album name instead? I hate sorting by release date.