Album title appears in music, even though there are no songs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by USB123, Dec 18, 2012.

1. USB123 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4 and a song downloaded onto it as I synced it to my mini. I deleted the song by swiping right, but when I go to album on music on the iPhone menu, the album title is still there.
    The song is still displayed on my iPhone when connected to iTunes, and it was never deleted.
    How can I get that phantom album title off and delete the song off iTunes when my phone is displayed?
    Thanks!

2. scoiattolo49 macrumors newbie

Simply delete it first from iTunes and then sync

3. USB123 thread starter macrumors member

I did that but the song is still there on the iphone. When I tried to play the song, an exclamation mark came up: [​IMG]

4. USB123 thread starter macrumors member

Any other ideas as to why I can't get this deleted?!

5. scoiattolo49 macrumors newbie

That's because the music database on the iPhone got corrupted, i.e. the song is not there any nore but there is still the related entry on the database.

To correct the database (beside having the option to restore your phone) you can try a less radical approach by copying again the song on iTune, sync with the iPhone and then delete the song again on iTunes and then do a final sync with the iphone, . This should solve the problem

6. USB123 thread starter macrumors member

Did it and it worked! Thanks very much for the help!