Alcohol bad during ramadan but violence okay???

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lostngone, Jun 19, 2016.

1. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Again, an example of a peaceful religion until they disagree with what you are doing or saying. Then it is DEATH TO THE INFIDELS!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/18/europe/radiohead-fans-attack-turkey/index.html

"A group of men attacked fans at a Radiohead listening party Friday in Istanbul, apparently angry the fans were drinking during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan."
    -----
    "The lights of the store are turned off and voices can be heard in the street shouting, "I'll kill you" and "I will burn you alive inside.""

2. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

So what you're eluding to is that in over a 1000 years time humanity isn't any smarter or better.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well when you haven't eaten all day, it makes people cranky and more apt to kill others. Thats why I only observe Ramandan, where you eat boiled noodles for a month.

6. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Muslims generally don't drink alcohol anyway.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Funny, I have the same reaction to Coldplay.

8. lostngone thread starter macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Did you even read the article? The people in the story are sooo offended that these people(that were not likely even muslim) are being disrespectful on their holy month but yet somehow think it is acceptable to assault and threaten to kill people during that same month.

9. villicodelirant macrumors 6502

villicodelirant

I think you mean "peaceful individuals until they disagree with you".

I think we are looking at a couple of garden-variety lunatics.

I don't think that Turkish kids learn that beating up Radiohead fans is okay in Sunday school.

Unfortunately.

10. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

How do you expect them to learn unless they are beaten?

11. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Correction. Only the Middle-Eastern part of humanity has not yet evolved in the last 1000 years.

The Westernized (Christian) part of humanity has…. learned of humanitarianism, humanity, and humanistic philosophy. Hell, even the Roman Catholic Church has evolved (slowly), even though it is one of the most conservative denominations.

Islam is still stuck in the 8th century.

Even Christianity learned after the end of the 30 Years War (e.g. the Wars of the Reformation, Catholics vs Protestants) that it was stupid and futile to fight a religious war because of the differences in worship of the same god.

The Islamists have not yet learned that. THEY are still fighting their own version of the 30 Years War, except that for them it's Sunni versus Shia (as opposed to Protestant vs Catholic). They are butchering their fellow Muslims simply because "The other guys are worshipping Allah wrong! Let's kill them!"
    --- Post Merged, Jun 19, 2016 ---
    Which is why I wish the US had left secular strongmen like Saddam and Gaddafi alone. Iraq had no terrorist uprisings or mayhem when he was in charge. He knew how to handle his own people. He knew how to reign them in.

Once the USA threw him out…. Iraq was thrown back to a medieval hellhole.

12. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Bush/Obama/Hillary are grade A morons

13. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

You actually think they make these decisions using their own brains? They are beholden to the military industrial lobby. It doesn't really matter what their personal opinions are as long as the follow their masters.

This is why Sanders and Trump get so much traction with the antiwar crowd. Voters think they would actually make decisions about war based on real world data and analysis instead of just going to war to support military contractors.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Don't forget one the reasons bush #2 (pun intended) gave for the war: he tried to kill my daddy!!!!

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

Ironic coming from a man who doesn't expect women to learn unless they're raped.

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The violent minority makes for the best headlines so it seems as if Islam is more violent than it is.

17. villicodelirant macrumors 6502

villicodelirant

What, really?
    You mean that my neighbor is not an homicidal maniac even though he wears a turban?
    Wow, would never have expected that.

Seriously, what are we even talking about?

18. 617aircav Suspended

That was these people. What about the other people that just ignored and went on with their lives. According to you, they are also part of this violence.