Alec Baldwin Running For Mayor?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Like that schmuck is qualified to run NYC. It's said to be the second toughest job in America after the President.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm sorry, the rules of PRSI are quite clear: please show me proof that he is a schmuck or edit your post and make it clear that this is your opinion.

4. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

He posted it, and he didn't provide a link. The fact that they are his words in his post makes it obvious that it is his opinion. Stating that it is his opinion makes it redundant.

Also, please provide link to the rules or make it clear that this is your opinion.

Thanks!

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Please show me proof he is not a schmuck.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Err...wurt?

I know this is a common misunderstanding, but it's clear that rdowns statement is his opinion.

If he said: 50 percent of Americans think Wiener is a schmuck (although this seems redundant) then that would require a citation since it's being offered as a fact.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Baldwin said he will leave the show when his contract is up next year and the show will most likely end anyway.

I don't know if he has what it takes to be Mayor of NYC, Bloomberg doesn't seem to know what he is doing and he's a trained professional.

8. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Really guys? Really? I guess everything isn't as clear as we think it is. Like sarcasm...

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

We had Ronald Reagan for President, Donald Trump was in the running for a bit, and the Terminator was governator of California. Clearly, celebrity status qualifies one for any political office. ;)

I think Baldwin would just get wasted all the time and make angry calls to his daughter.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If calling a public figure a schmuck, mother ****er, *******, ********er or anything else was against the rules, we would all be banned by now ;)

11. 184550 Guest

I seem to remember a thread where whiny posters were upset that certain posters call Obama 'Obama Bin Laden'.

Ah, hypocrisy!

12. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

There's a slight difference between calling someone a shmuck and equating them to a mass murderer. Just a slight difference. :)

13. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

14. 184550 Guest

I don't think that was the point of the thread I linked to, was it?

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Steady on. :p

I believe "schmuck" is a subjective determination, and as such, is not subject to the usual link rule.

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

The thread you linked to was started by someone whining about the Liberal's use of name calling in PRSI.

I posted an example of the OP's use of name calling to show his hypocrisy, and to try to explain that we can name call public figures and make generalizations. What you cannot do is name call another forum member. So simple, yet so misunderstood.

17. Mac'nCheese, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011

Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

My hypocrisy? How so? Or by op do u mean the op from the other thread? Which has to do with what again? The fact that two people were silly enough to believe that I really wanted a link to prove that Alec Baldwin was indeed a schmuck?

18. 184550 Guest

Good thing that I said 'thread' (as in the entire thread) and not 'only post number one'.

Did you even bother to read the thread?

The cliff notes version, IMO, is posts 22 and 23.

19. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Post 22 is one person who never posts in PRSI. Those are your whiny posters? Post 23 is basically refuting post 22.

20. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Not you. The OP in the link by NathanMuir.

You were just being funny, but we always need something to "discuss." :D

21. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

OK, thought so when I reread everything. This thread has really taking a strange turn. Seriously, I was completely joking about needing a link to prove Alec B is a schmuck and was completely blown away when some people took it seriously. I think the guy who asked me to prove that he wasn't, got the joke, but who knows man.....

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

There's a subtle line between trolling and having an honest discussion, if epithet laden, generally speaking though, public figures should be able to survive a few insults. The question is does it detract from the conversation.

So, apparently the blinking orange light on my sarcasm detector means "service soon."

My bad.