Alec Baldwin suspended from MSNBC

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Nov 18, 2013.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Will this tool bag ever learn to shut his mouth.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...nded-msnbc-show-pulled-apology_n_4284593.html

Now Anderson and Alec have been going at it on Twitter.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I can't believe people still hire him. Again and again he spews the most vile and hateful things and people still give another chance.:rolleyes:

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I would love to see Maddow interview him when he returns, maybe I would watch.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Good for him. He was chasing off the paparazzi away from his kid and wife. I personally don't care about being politically correct when someone is deserving of being cussed out.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

wow.. and to think that he was great for kids when he narrated for Thomas the Tank Engine and was in one of its movies.. How he has went a bit downhill..

BL.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

George Carlin was a voice on Thomas the Tank too. Seems like they liked having people wildly inappropriate for children on that show.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As much of an ******* Baldwin is, he's not even in the same league as those vulture paparazzi.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

How does calling a paparazzi a "c--k sucking f-g" equate to homophobia? If Baldwin was roughing up young gays and or committing hate crimes then yeah. If you're pissed off to a degree that only a paparazzi can get you, I'm not totally surprised of the stuff that flies out of his mouth.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Alec Baldwin is of the generation, and background, where using the sort of violent, sexually-demeaning language is the "normal" response.

Of course, times have changed. And if you are in the public eye, as he is, then your outbursts get recorded on smartphones and broadcast on YouTube. So you get turned into a homophobe. Like Mel Gibson becomes an anti-semite.

Personally, I don't think Baldwin is any more of a homophobe than Mel Gibson is a Jew-hater. But both of those guys seem to have more than a little trouble keeping their temper in check. Maybe some time out will do Alec some good.

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I believe it. The networks only care about one thing: ratings. So he will get work so long as the crowd he draws in outweighs the number potentially lost from outbursts like these.

11. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Yup...this is big!

Attached Files:

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

As long as there's no physical violence, I couldn't care less what he says to some paparazzi douchebags. Paparazzi are the lowest form of leeches on this planet excluding hardcore criminals like rapists and murderers. You spend your life harassing and trying to invade the privacy of other people, you deserve every insult thrown your way. Get a real job.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Carlin played Fillmore in Cars very well. He narrated Thomas just as well. Just because they also perform more adult content doesn't mean that that would be the only thing they should ever do.

Whoopi totally went away from it. To be honest, Ice Cube did as well. Snoop Dogg is in Turbo. Marilyn Manson is doing voice-overs in Disney's Once Upon a Time.

The key word for all of this is multi-faceted.

BL.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

In fairness, they're invading the privacy of celebrities by feeding a vast and hungry network of celebrity tabloids.

While the photographers are a bunch of goons, they're just the tip of the spear that sells celebrities whole, and many celebrities are complicit in this relationship.

15. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

It's good to know that being treated with respect depends on whether or not somebody finds your field of work to be a "real job".

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

When your job involves leeching off the popularity of other people by harassing them and sometimes invading their privacy you don't deserve any respect.

I know it's not just the photographers. The producers, writers, and editors of these tabloid publications, websites, and tv shows are just as much to blame and just as scummy people.

17. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Every time I come to the PRSI, my faith in humanity lowers.

18. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

All I am going to say about this particular argument is that it was those people in that job that (in)directly killed one Diana Spencer.

Food for thought.

BL.

19. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

You know what also killed Diana Spencer? The driver being drunk.

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

As Michael Geoff noted, it was the driver's fault. He entered the tunnel at high-speed, lost control of the vehicle and slammed into a concrete pillar. He was drunk and high, which at the very least affected his reaction time so that when a Fiat Uno came too close, he oversteered and plowed into the pillar.

Notably, Princess Diana wasn't wearing her seat belt, making her injuries much more severe.

Here's the full report.

21. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Political correctness and Americans' recently growing sensitivities are going too far now :rolleyes:

22. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

What does this have to do with Political Correctness?

23. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Word was used out of context, people getting offended and calling him a homophobe

24. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Completely agree. This country is turning into a giant p-word.

25. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Replace the f-word with the n-word. Now is it still a bunch of political correctness gone too far? Or would he be an unabashed racist for using it?