Alernative(s) to Intelliscreen for lock screen display of sms/mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markm75, Apr 1, 2009.

1. markm75 macrumors member

I've been using Intelliscreen for awhile, i have the latest version 2.3x or similar..

But now i'm no longer using it.. After some poking around i came to realize it was the cause of safari frequently crashing as well as other apps..

For now i have notifier installed so i can see mail messages in the "task bar at the top"..

I also installed lock calendar.. this is good for calendar stuff .. LockDockbar also showed a number similar to seeing the number of new texts, emails on the main springboard..

But i'd still like to find an app that showed the most recent new, emails, texts etc, on the lockscreen, not just calendar info..

And the audible, repeating alerts were nice too (from intelliscreen)..

Does anyone know of an alternative(s)?

Thanks

2. cmac89 macrumors newbie

3. markm75 thread starter macrumors member

Looks good.. i saw some people saying sms text messages dont show up.. is this the case?

Do i just need LockInfo basically..? Or lock screen info.. i searched in cydia but didnt see it.. i dont see a repository listed there either .. do i need to add one..

Thanks again

4. 1Zach1 macrumors 6502a

1Zach1

StatusNotifier does something similar as well.

5. markm75 thread starter macrumors member

Ah i found it.. you have to add: http://david.ashman.com/beta/ to sources.

6. cmac89 macrumors newbie

I havent had a problem with SMS.

7. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... maybe it's been disabled in the security options?

8. markm75 thread starter macrumors member

Actually mine are ok now..

There is one thing that is sorta bad..

If your screen is locked and you get a text.. the standard popup box appears with the message and doesnt go away, making it impossible to see the lock screen text version..

I dont want to turn off popups on texts, as it would mean i couldnt see them when unlocked.

Anyone find a way around this?

Also.. i thought status notifier had alert (sounds) reminders.. i have them set, but i swear they arent firing off (every 5 minutes for 15 minutes as i have it set).