Alex Pang who are you and why do you have my ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by imutter, Apr 1, 2011.

1. imutter, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

:eek::eek:So went to my appointment at the Applestore today.
    I was annoyed with the guy already and so he had to order a replacement grrr
    I was told I have not to come back (it is rather far) AGAIN!
    Anyway I get my ticket and was ask to sign and I looked :eek:
    Alexander Pang
    from Walnut CA some (909) phone number
    Ehh that is not me and we are in KY Hellooooo???
    Oh you registered it wrong ........
    I ??? pluged it in my PC to iTunes
    Well you must have done something... Yeah me the lady with the accent from a foreign country of course.
    I said I am not leaving with out a ticket with my name on it!
    He said it wasn't no big deal they know who I am just to give him my phone number ..........
    NO WAY I WANT A TICKET WITH MY NAME
    Some other guy comes and said perhaps the other person had registered in an error (I was wondering how ? If you plug in to iTunes?)
    And why would they give me some other persons information (it should be somewhat confidential?)
    After a few minutes back and forth he decided to get me a new ticket. Just so I see he made up a fake e-mail (he should have had mine right there in front of him)???
    I m about to jump on someones neck and my husband must have seen this and we left I made a call to Apple support and they have mine now in route back through UPS .........get one back in 3 days and have a confirmed e-mail (which the store couldn't provide since they made up my e-mai)......
    The store 5 to 10 days and we are on spring break they won't hold it more then 3 days.
    In anycase who is Aleaxander Pang and how did you register (it was a closed box) my Ipad2 to your name ?

2. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Can you please post again but in English. Thanks

3. KnitGirl macrumors member

and complete sentences. Reading that gave me a headache!

4. Psood21 macrumors member

5. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

sorry english is my 3rd language.
    Long story short someone else register my ipad2. How ? I do not know?

6. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Me too! I was actually considering reading it aloud before I read the replies and found I wasn't the only one lost...

7. JM2-uk macrumors member

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

More like the iPad version of Molly Bloom's soliloquy.

9. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Not sure how the mix up occurred, but you can log into your account on Apples website and register it under your name using the iPad's serial number. Who it's registered under is really meaningless since the warranty is user transferrable.

https://register.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/GlobaliReg.woa

Good luck and sorry about the language harassment.

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

LOL
    I wasn't able to follow it either :eek:

11. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

Thanks! I did not know you can register without iTunes?
    I went and entered all our devices.
    I am not bothered by the harassment. English is my 3rd languagge and self tought.

12. Pete the Geek, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

Pete the Geek macrumors regular

Synopsis:
    Her iPad 2, which she bought in a sealed box, turned out to be registered to someone else in a different state. When she pointed it out, the Apple Store employees blamed her.

She wants to know, quite reasonably, how her iPad 2 serial number became associated with someone else in a different state. I'm curious about this too. I don't remember entering my serial # in manually when I activated my iPad 2, so how could such a mistake happen?​

imutter:
    Where did you buy your iPad 2?
    What was wrong with your iPad 2 that made you bring it in to the Apple store?

13. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Maybe someone had a serial number very similar to yours and entered theirs wrong?

14. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Google translate???
    It looks like it, as the grammar is messed up.

If google translate sounds this bad from a language to English; then I'm screwed in French.

15. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

This was actually my 2nd ipad
    I ordered release date my first ipad2 and it had backlight bleed.
    I had gotten the one in question at the Apple store in KY as replacement.
    It was sealed in box when I got it.
    No the Store rep saw also backlight bleed in the replacement unit, but convinced me to take it home and wait until the glue dries. The glue was not the issue. After further examination I found the homebotton was off center by about 1 to 1 1/2 millimeters. I truely believe the backlight bleed comes from the bezel frame not been glued to the glass (sheets of LCD) correctly. Looks like to me that a batch was just misfitted by either a machine or by a wrong measurement.

16. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I think all the translator sites are that bad. Whenever I've used them to translate something I couldn't read to English, it always comes out that bad. Languages don't translate well literally because of different meanings, syntax, arrangement of words, etc.

17. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

TRANSLATION:

So I went to my appointment at the Apple Store today, who had to order a replacement for my iPad. I was told that I would have to come back to get it. Anyway, they gave me a document to use upon my return to pick up the replacement. But the name on the document was "Alexander Pang" from Walnut, CA with a (909) area code. That is definitely not me, since I live in Kentucky. I told the store that I would not leave until the registration had my name on it.

Anyway, another store employee came and said that Alexander Pang must have made an error in his registration. How could this happen? Anyway, the employee said that he would make up a new document with my correct information, but the document he printed didn't seem legitimate to me at all. Once I left the store, I called Apple support and they confirmed that it would take 3 days for my iPad to arrive. I have to pick it up from the retail store, and they will only hold it for 3 days, which is inconvenient for me. Anyway, who is Alexander Pang and how did he register my iPad in his name?

18. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

If you speak more then 1 language and live in different countries you will find that there is not such a thing then 100% translation. And you have to take in consideration that different parts of the country (or race) use words and they have a not exact the same definition. A word for word translation is never going to make sense!

19. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Aleaxander Pang? ... Scalper Kingpin :cool:

20. NickDaQuick macrumors newbie

21. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

What in the #%!*?

22. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

Troll would be such a word I am talking about!

23. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

We already got past all of that. People seem to be having more trouble reading all the posts in good English clarifying the problem than they are the initial post.