Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez warns Donald Trump Jr

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 8, 2018.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

the girl is a meme , but I can respect her hitting back at JR , I would have loved to see JRs face when he read that :D

2. raqball macrumors 68000

She really is absolutely clueless.... She is however proof that all you need to do is shout 'free' stuff' and liberals will elect you...

My guess is Jr. probably got a laugh at the tweet... I assume they all fully expect to be subpoenaed non stop here in a few weeks...

3. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

As opposed to our stable genius president?

4. raqball macrumors 68000

Well she looks the 'I am a clueless crazy Wackadoodle' part at least... YIKES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. samcraig macrumors P6

It's really sad when you resort to screen grabbing random moments to imply that she's crazy.

6. raqball macrumors 68000

She implies that just fine all by herself.. The images are just icing on the cake...

[​IMG]

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Pretty sure you can screen cap anyone and get crazy looks. In short you have little other than the fact you simply don't like her. Which is fine. But at least she has youth on her side. Plenty of career congress critters who are as clueless or even more than her.

8. raqball, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

And promises of free stuff..... And getting inaugurated next month.... And signing bills into law.... And...................

I am just patiently waiting on the posts calling me a misogynist.. Maybe a few other keywords can get tossed in too?

9. samcraig macrumors P6

If that's your intention - then you're trolling/trying to incite.

None of what you wrote is really a response to my statement that she at least has youth on her side as an excuse. But sure - pick on the new girl. Maybe you can tell her on Wednesdays you wear pink.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

Who said that was my intention.... Keep making things up that don't exist if it makes you feel better....

I am surprised the misogynist comments were not immediately made as that SOP here if someone says anything negative about a female (D)..

11. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

When you don't like their political ideas, just go after how they look (or sound), eh?

The GOP operatives will probably keep that up, but it's going to matter less and less. Every time there's a Congressional election now, more women are elected. And, more of them are Democrats.

Even the Republican women already seated in Congress are concerned about this trend. New York Rep. Elise Stefanik helped recruit over a hundred female candidates to run for the last cycle but only one of them landed a seat. She has talked about the need to support non-traditional candidates (possibly sidestepping GOP aversion to hearing the word "diversity" uttered by anyone in their camp).

The problem, Stefanik believes, is systemic GOP failure to support female Republicans early enough and so to have truly competitive primaries. And, she thinks the GOP still doesn't get it, and has said so, publicly. That will probably make a difference in the longer run, but the GOP's patriarchal attitudes die hard.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/polit...to-play-in-primaries-to-help-republican-women

Anyway the results in the midterms were pretty dismal for Republican women: They dropped from 23 House seats to 13, while the Democratic Party seated 35 new women and will have 89 in January when the 116th Congress is sworn in.

12. Altis macrumors 68030

Do you post this on the never-ending derogatory comments on Trump's appearance, or is it only when it's directed at a female politician?

13. mac_in_tosh, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018

mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--- Post Merged, Dec 8, 2018 ---
    GOP promises free stuff also...to the 1%.

14. raqball, Dec 8, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

BINGO!

The outrage only applies when it's a female and a (D)... Plus you'll get accused of trolling and inciting if you say anything negative about them.......

If it's a (R) male or female, they are open and fair game as evident by the thousands of negative remarks and posts about Trump and female conservatives. Or how about the remarks against Conway or Melania ect.. Where are the remarks, like the one you quoted, in defense of them when they are attacked... Yeah - non existent.. Hypocrisy at it's best eh?

I'd give them credit if they were fair with the high powered finger pointing but..... Ya know..

15. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

16. samcraig macrumors P6

You missed her point entirely.

17. Altis macrumors 68030

I wasn't commenting on her whole post, only the quoted bit.

I suspect this is clear to you, though.

18. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Shockingly she can look normal too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Not sure how your question relates to the thread but I will answer anyway: I rarely comment on Trump's appearance (although I admit a certain fondness for stuff like the balloon floated in the UK when he was over there).. But I post about his incompetence, narcissism, untruthfulness, studied inattention to law and attempts to exploit loopholes in the Constitution. Occasionally I defend him when I think too much is made of something he said or did. That's a rarity, though...

The thread is about Ocasio-Cortez, a female member of the Democratic side of the aisle in the incoming Congress. I posted the link about Stefanik's remarks because she is a Republican woman concerned about the decline of female Republican representation in Congress.

If the honchos of the GOP are not going to wake up and think about the reasons for this, perhaps ordinary right-leaning citizens will think about it. Ocasio-Cortez is young and energetic, has a lot to learn, but she's holding a House seat and can grow in it while representing her district.

Her detractors don't like Ocasio-Cortez' progressive ideas and often single out her looks or some other attitudinal aspect when criticizing her. That's their option, but in the meantime that does nothing to help remedy the fact that the GOP is losing female Congressional representatives in a time when more women than ever are turning up at the polls... and voting for Democrats.

20. Altis macrumors 68030

It relates to your (quoted) objection to insults to politicians looks when it's a female politician versus the lack thereof when it's a male. Either we need to uphold the principle or anyone is fair game, but it's hypocritical to be selective about it.

You ask what my post has to do with this thread (despite it being a direct response to the quoted line in yours) yet you take off on the demographics of the politicians, which does not seem to be relevant to the thread. It is interesting as well that you make such a deal about Ocasio-Cortez being a woman when the focus is largely on her politics and character.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, nice of you to call out this and ignore the constant “Cheeto Hitler” comments here.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

As was I

23. raqball, Dec 8, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

Hypocrisy at it's best and on full display eh?

Meh, slam Trump daily with childish names and insults, call Conway names, attack Palen, attack Melania, attack insert_female_(R)_name_here then claim the moral high ground when it's convenient....

But do we really expect anything less from the left?

24. Zenithal macrumors G3

Probably excited him enough to sail the high seas, so to speak.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

Is not hypocrisy to not point it out in every or any other post. What would be hypocritical would be her posting such posts herself which she criticizes.

The absence of posts isn't hypocrisy