Aliexpress Lifeproof Fré

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Payableondeath6, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Payableondeath6 macrumors newbie

Anyone have one of the fakes? I had a LP for the iPhone 4 and the first revision was terrible with sound, calls and recording videos of my kids but the second was slightly better. Hopefully these are better than that, but for $16.50 I couldn't resist trying. Bought yesterday from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre-for-iPhone-5-Case-Lifeproof-Four-Proof-Cover-Free-Shipping-4-colors-for-your-choice/757164740.html
    So now I wait.

2. Payableondeath6 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. myMacRumors macrumors regular

5,000+ LifeProof fakes

Attached Files:

4. myMacRumors macrumors regular

5. Payableondeath6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. Now please allow people who may be able to contribute to the thread regarding any experience with the case to post.

6. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

How do you know that aliexpress isn't selling originals that are made in china just being sold on the black market like this? How do you know they are faked?

7. Partridge macrumors 6502

Actual "second shift" black market products are not as common as people would like to think, and even then are not going to be of the same quality as the real thing. They won't have gone through the same QC, or may have failed QC. Assuming it is as you hope a second shift product.

More likely its just a fake.

8. Payableondeath6 thread starter macrumors newbie

The seller makes no claim of it being 2nd shift black market, he claims it is a fake that is superior to the other fakes and gives a series of comparison pictures explaining. From what I can tell through pictures, his fake looks fairly close to the Fré revisions that get the fewest complaints from the real Fré thread. I've still got another 2 weeks wait at least probably, but I will definitely report back with the quality. I wasn't happy with the quality that paying $80 for the iPhone 4 version gave me. But I certainly would've gave $16.50 for it.

9. Payableondeath6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Got the case today and wanted to update this thread. The case is light years better than the iPhone 4 version I had. The case came looking just like the seller showed and performs great. I had been paying attention to the Fré thread and have heard a lot of the complaints. This case water tested fine, no oil slicks, speakers sound loud, talking and listening over the phone is normal (left my wife a VM and listened to it) with no buzzing or vibrating. I have yet to record a video yet and listen to the noise level, but that would be my final test. Very happy for $16.50!

10. ihonda macrumors 68000

link to seller plz

11. Payableondeath6 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was in my first post, but not clickable.

Tried to post it, but upon navigating there it shows that it's no longer up. Can't be sure that all the fakes are of the same quality but I'm happy with this one so far. My Magpul case is coming in Saturday so I'll see which one makes for everyday use. I'm in the Navy and have a 2.5 year old and a 8 month old, so waterproofness has it's advantages for everyday use.