All content GONE! How do I fix it!?(Files still there, not showing in iTunes)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 007bond, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

So I had an issue where iTunes would not let me add content of any kind to the library. It worked on other user profiles, but not the main one(which is where all of my music is stored). I called AppleCare and the person who helped me made me do some things to the iTunes Library. Long story short all of my content is not showing in iTunes. It is still in my iTunes folder, just not displaying in iTunes. A simple fix would be to drag all the folders into iTunes or import them to the library, but my original issue persists: no content is adding. They suggested that I perform an Archive and Install of OS X in order to fix the issue, but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how I can fix this issue. If you have any tips, please help!

(BTW: The import bug first appeared for me when I installed iTunes 10.3.1. I tried re-installing to no avail. The issue persists)

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Have you tried redirecting iTunes to the library? Hold down alt when laucnhing iTunes, hit "Choose Library..." and select your iTunes folder (the highest level folder, not the media folder).

3. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

I've tried that and it didn't work. This is a very odd issue. I have never had any trouble with iTunes on my Mac.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I had a problem like this recently. What turned out was that the account didn't have the proper permissions to the files themselves. It was very odd, I could see my content, but I couldn't add anything into it. I would drag the files from my external drive and put them into iTunes, it looked good, but they wouldn't copy.

Turns out for some reason the files on the external drive had permissions set in such a way that I could see them and even play them but I couldn't copy them. I had to go through and hand change all of the permissions to get them to copy (I had to do it as an admin).

Now, if your itunes library files had something like this, maybe that would explain your problem?