All-day long events in Calendar don't show up in NC

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iRock1, Nov 4, 2013.

1. iRock1 macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I've added an all-day long event to Calendar, but when the day arrives I don't see it in the Notification Center, where all the events of that they should show up.

What's wrong?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

iOS 7 decided not to show all-day events in notification center. You can have an alert for them that would appear at a particular time, but nothing separate in the "today" section where you would expect information like that to appear.

3. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

What an absurd decision. Without an option like that, the "today" section, at least for me, is completely pointless.

Anyway, how could I set an alert for a specific time? The only option that I see for all-day events is to set an alarm for the same day at 9:00 or one day before.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, unfortunately you are limited in those options as well.

5. Vidikron macrumors newbie

I have an event tomorrow that is showing up in the "Missed" section. WTF? The iOS7 calendar is terrible.

6. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

Another vote that not showing all day events in the NC is absurd. Probably three fourths of my calendar entries are "all day", since I'm retired and fortunately don't need to do most things at an exact time. But it would be REALLY NICE to see them in the NC!!! Come on, Apple, please fix this one.

7. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I 've never got the purpose of the "missed" section anyway.

The NC definitely needs some improvements.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

So three quarters? :p

Yeah another vote for this. I use all day events a lot for work too.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's there mainly to see what you might have missed while the phone was locked after you already unlocked it. It seems that it might be more useful for iPhone 5S users who can easily unlock their phone with a simple quick touch of the home button and sometimes not even seeing the lock screen and what notifications were on it before the phone gets unlocked.

10. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

But still I can see them in "all".

11. djr7572 macrumors regular

Totally agree. NC is a train wreck, as well as Calendar. They changed what used to be the most useful part of my iPhone into someting totally useless. Without question, Calendar and NC are the most dissapointing things about iOS7.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sure, but this way you can see just what you missed since the last time the phone was locked. In case you might already have a lot of other notifications in "All" already or something like that.