All in all if it only were half as thin... it's UNVERALBLE as is

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by skoobey, Apr 8, 2015.

1. skoobey macrumors newbie

Ok, some people would buy this, and it might get get faster/more functional...

but being as thick as it is kills it for me.:confused:

2. hatdude macrumors newbie

10.5mm is pretty thin. If you wear any nice mechanical watch it is hard to find one below 10mm.

3. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

As new to watches as you are to English, I see.

4. skoobey thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but in the middle, not all the way to the edge, and even then I don't think it's quite as thick as half an inch, maybe like 0,3.

5. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It's not very thick. But have no fear! Sir Ive will make it thinner as technological advancements allow him to do so.

7. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

10.5mm, dude. That's total, for the case itself. All the G-Shocks I used to wear were in that league, it's no big deal. A mechanical movement watch with self-winding mechanism is going to be similar as well.

8. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Look up the top 5 best selling Rolex watches and their thickness and get back to me.

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i'm not worried about the thickness.... my current watch is thicker (11.8 mm) and i have absolutley no issues wearing it.

my current watch weighs 129 grams (well..... maybe a bit less since we did remove a few of the links to fit on my little wrist!) granted, it's all stainless and i'm buying the aluminum apple watch (since if i enjoy wearing it, no doubt i'll want to upgrade next version).

i guess it's all in what you are used to wearing.

10. skoobey thread starter macrumors newbie

Just measured my current watch, 7mm at it's thickest point, and it is curved, so it's flush with the wrist.

It just looks so bulky, and then you have to charge it every-to every other day instead once every or every two years?

Maybe I just need a new watch and am completely missing the point of the device, but it's super huge compared to anything I'm used to.

11. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Maybe they wanted the first gen to be UNVERALBLE so the second can be VERABLE as a new feature.

12. skoobey thread starter macrumors newbie

Aahahah yes ws and vs :D

13. Lucifer666, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a