All ios 6 really needs is

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sootie, Apr 19, 2012.

1. sootie macrumors member

Themes.

I've been reading through the threads and its becoming increasing important to ios or iPhone to users as a whole get a change of some sort. Some say a complete overhaul, some say it's completely fine the way it is. I find myself to be in the middle. Ios has some strong core functinality that only needs minor tweaks however I'm kinda over the whole starburst icons after using them on every single iPhone. They definitely need an overhaul. Custom themes would be awesome as they would allow for something fresh but still keep ios simplistic functionality in order and not force slower more accustomed users to relearn the os(not that it was hard to in the first place). Themes on cydia are nice but I find they lack the quality of something that apple would officially back. I currently use wp7 HTC titan, which offers the perfect balance between functionality and style. The only edge apple has is their app store otherwise wp7 would shatter the iphone experience. I really hope apple offers a larger update with ios6 otherwise I'm going with android or keeping wp7.

I wouldn't mind paying a dollar for a premium theme what do you guys think?

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Trust me there are some great themes out there in Cydia and elsewhere. I wouldn't say that's all iOS 6 needs but it would be a great addition although I highly doubt we will see this in iOS 6.

3. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

The one and only feature iOS 6 needs is AdBlock for mobile Safari.

Going from my desktop to iPads/iPhone is unbearable in terms of seeing the quantity of advertisements that clutter up a web page in increases loading time.

Plus giving uses this option would be giving Google the middle finger.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

this definitely does not bother me

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If Apple does not give me the ability to set up folders and keep files like Word and Excel in iOS6, I will not be hanging around and waiting any more. They need to stop resting on their laurels and get with the 21st Century!

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I believe file access is a 20th century affliction! ;)

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I stand corrected! :rolleyes: