"All My Files" option in Sidebar disappeared

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by BasicGreatGuy, Aug 15, 2017.

1. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am running the latest Developer Beta. Earlier this evening, the "All My Files" option disappeared from the Finder Sidebar. I don't know how that happened. I tried restarting and that didn't work. I tried reinstalling the OS and that didn't work. Anyone know how to get it to show again?

2. steveaburns macrumors member

steveaburns

maybe you can go to finder preferences and click [x] All My Files

3. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

There is no option to enable "All My Files" in Finder Preferences, as it isn't listed.

4. Erdbeertorte, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

Erdbeertorte Suspended

It's gone for now and has been replaced by Recents.

Edit: There is still a .app file in the Finder package contents for it, but it is identical to Recents and does exactly the same if you open it.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 6.03.00 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 6.03.18 AM.png

5. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

Good. Had too many ID10T errors with this - users deleting all their files on their Macs thinking they have duplicate files, one in 'All My Files' and another on their desktop.

6. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I never liked that feature, it just makes all of your files look like that are unorganized. It is much easier to press CMD-SPACE and start typing the name of the file you want...