All my iPhoto events are gone in new Photos.app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ismailoe, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ismailoe macrumors member

Hi,

I upgraded to the new Photos app two weeks ago with 30.000 Pictures/Videos. In the uploading process Photos app imported all iPhoto Events as Albums and showed them on all devices but after the upload of all pictures was finished, all the Albums got deleted and now i lost all my 350 Events. :confused:

Is there any solution to this problem, besides deleting all pictures and reuploading them? Can I migrate the "Events" Metadata from my backup iPhoto Library to my Photos Library?

2. koerk macrumors regular

koerk

They still exist in an iphoto events folder, I thought the same way you did until someone in a forum mentioned it.

3. ismailoe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your answer, but they are definitely gone. The "iPhoto Events Folder" was available on all my devices, but as I mentioned, after the uploading was finished it got deleted. My old iPhoto Albums where also deleted. (I had just 5)

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Happened to me too.

I manually went through all my pictures and put all my albums back. I have no other solution I'm afraid, sorry...but at least you're not the only one this has happened to. :cool:

5. charlie999 macrumors newbie

This happened to me so I pulled a backup of photos on the Mac from time machine and the album structure went back. Only problem was that all my keywords got mashed up. Lots named with keywords that didn't match. I deleted the lot 13,000 and have just started the upload only to find the album structure deleted itself again.