Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

74NovaDES

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Hey all!

Having an issue with my iPhone 5 on ios8 regarding notes.. This morning as I was getting ready for work, I clicked on the notes app, it opened up an existing note, then crashed, and when I re-opened the app, it just said something like "No Notes". :eek:

I quite the app, restarted again.. same thing. I then rebooted the phone... same thing. I then did the "home/sleep" button reset thing.. same thing. I did not have icloud turned on (apparently) so my notes were neither backed up there, nor were they backed up to my yahoo email account. I did recently back the phone up to my MacBook Pro... but here's my question.. and forgive me if it's a silly one.. but I'm unsure of this process... Is there a way to restore the notes from my iTunes backup without restoring the entire phone? I have taken some new pictures and whatnot and have some other stuff on the phone that is not yet backed up.. and I'm afraid if I sync the phone, the iTunes backup will delete all the notes contained therein.

Advice? Thanks!

ps. Not sure what happened to my old username... I've been a member of this site for over 10 years but haven't logged in in ages. Not sure if they deleted my account or whatnot, but either way... you all have been a huge help over the years and I want to say "Thanks!" ;)

74NovaDES

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
wow... Gotta say, I'm very surprised at the lack of responses here. No worries though.. I got the answer on another forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.