All of a sudden iPhone 5 needs activating and can't reach server. What to do?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattcube64, Sep 11, 2013.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Sorry for brevity - on ipad. Traveling for work, iPhone on att has been working 100% fine. Suddenly, I pull out phone 20 minutes after updating Facebook and it says the phone needs to be activated. Confused, I try via cell network. No dice. Get to hotel, try wifi - same error -says actuvation servers can't be reached and try again later.

Phone is completely unusable. Tried a off/on, a reset, and taking out sim, blowing, and putting it back in.

Can't really do much but keep trying as I'm working and there's no apple store near. Can't com home for couple days and need the phone. Any suggestions? Thank you!

EDIT: oh, just so it's clear, I'm in USA and am traveling within the states. I'm in WI right now.

2. Mr.Womanizer macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me, i was laying on the couch on twitter and all of a sudden it goes to sleep and when i wake it up its asks to activate with AppleID then i connected to iTunes and it said this software is no longer supported please update. I was on Beta5-6 cant remember so i had to Restore to Ios7 GM and now im restoring iphone from backup a few days ago. Im been doing this for the past 2 hours. Now my ipad is locked out.

3. mattcube64 thread starter macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Yep, being on the road it slipped my mind I'd need to update to the GM. Now I'm on my slow as **** work a PC. Too bad I don't have a backup handy.