All Of These Siri Tweaks Have Made Me a PROUD iPhone4s User again

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HeyGreggie, Jan 26, 2012.

1. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

I thought I would never have a reason to use Siri....

But Lingual, Hands Free Control, stock siri stuff, tweeting from Siri....

Man.. I had a brain orgasm the last five days. :D

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Glad you're finding good uses for Siri :)

Personally, the only use I see for Siri is language translation in a pinch and texting while driving... everything else can be some somewhat as easily / easier manually. That being said though... considering this isn't even a full week into the 4s JB scene, this is going do get damn interesting as more devs get involved! Can't wait to see what's next :D

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

These extensions are great. SiriToggles has made it easy and safe for me to toggle BlueTooth while driving. Lingual is much faster for translating a quick phrase than opening Safari and typing what you want. I can't wait to see what people come up with next.

OP: would you be willing to keep the first post updated with a list of all the great SiriTweaks that come out? If not, I'm thinking about making a thread to do so.

4. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

Where/what catagory are you finding these Siri tweaks?

5. HeyGreggie thread starter macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

I would love to make a list of updated Siri Apps for it if we can keep the thread going, but if you'd like to be the OP of the thread, go for it, and I'll just consult with you :D

6. superdudeo macrumors regular

Why would you want to toggle bluetooth? I'm sure the 4s has a low energy bluetooth standard so won't cripple the battery?

7. theman510 macrumors 6502

I read somewhere that Lingual was in the Big Boss repo but nothing comes up when I search for it. Is it in another repo?

8. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

If it's absolutely, positively necessary for me to send an SMS while in the car, I will switch off Bluetooth to get more immediate Siri response to the insertion of voice to text.

9. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

It is on BigBoss repo, why it isn't showing for you is kinda odd.

Try finding it manually? Go into Cydia > Categories > Addons. Scroll down to the L's and find it right there.

Maybe you just need a refresh in the changes area too. :)

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Several reasons:

1. Bluetooth still causes noticeable battery drain on the 4S.

2. I often forget to turn off my third-party car speakerphone, in which case my phone will connect to it at random intervals even from within my house, often while I'm in a phone call. It also will maintain the connection and drain the battery of both my speakerphone and my iPhone. It's much easier to toggle BlueTooth off than to go out to my car and turn off my speakerphone (which will power off on its own after a few minutes).

3. Because my iPhone is also paired with my wife's head unit, my phone will connect to her stereo every time she arrives or departs from home. I find this annoying.

4. Sometimes toggling BlueTooth off and then on is the only way to fix pairing problems.

11. theman510 macrumors 6502

You were right, took a 5 minute refresh in Changes to get it to show up. Thanks!