All SGP Ultra Oleophobic and Ultra Crystal have cutouts for the front camera now?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lsquare, Aug 10, 2010.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of ordering either the SGP Ultra Oleophobic or the Ultra Crystal from one of the Ebay stores. Can anyone confirm that the latest shipment now have cutouts for the front camera?

Ideally I would like to get the Ultra Crystal because I don't like anti-glare screen protectors. I want a screen protector that gives me the best possible clarity as possible. Ideally I'd get the Power Support screen protector, but cost is a reason why I'm considering going the SGP route. I have read that it the Ultra Crystal can be a pain to clean, but is it easy to remove fingerprints with a slightly damp towel? I don't think anyone has address this and I'd like to know.

Thx!

2. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

The Oleophobic also gives you an extremely clear display. You won't be able to tell it's there. I ordered mine from Amazon w/free shipping and I got the the front camera cut out. You would have to ask the ebay sellers if they have the newer ones or older ones.

3. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it as clear as the Ultra Crystal? I've read some complaint about the Crystal in regards to fingerprints, but no one has ever mentioned if it comes off with a slightly damp towel. I just want a clear screen protector and fingerprints have never really been an issue for me.

4. flashback87 macrumors newbie

thing is... you won't notice a difference. The front-facing camera has pretty poor quality to begin with. The very clear film won't make a difference for it. Covering the back camera would be something to be genuinely concerned about though.

5. RalphMac macrumors member

anyone still have the one without the cutout? I need it. Can buy or trade.

6. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

I think someone have shown an example of what the quality is like with a screen protector over it. If it sucks w/o a screen protector, it'll be even worse with one over it. I want a screen protector with a cutout for the front camera.

7. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I bought the Ultra Crystal film and I happen to like it. It has that optical enhancement layer that improves viewing on LCD screen. Fingerprints wipe off easily and it is also easily removed if you want to take it off.

8. DeLoMan macrumors regular

Just received my SGP Ultra Oleophobic and it is amazing! You really can't tell anything is on the screen. There is a cutout for the front-facing camera now as well. I tried Zagg, Wrapsol, etc and they are garbage compared to the SGP.

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I took the plunge and decided to get the Ultra Crystal today. Pics on the forums and YouTube show a cutout.

10. funkeruski macrumors regular

I've tried five different SPG crystals, and none of them have adhered properly around the home button and earpiece. Anyone else had the problem? Other than that, it's a great film.

11. DeLoMan macrumors regular

Make sure you clean the glass really well first. Sounds like you had oil under the protector that prevented the adhesion.

12. AC202 macrumors member

Just got my SGP Oleo. No front camera cutout.

Film is fantastic, but I just suck at putting on films, it's slightly crooked and there's a tiny speck of dust that's stuck under the film near the top.

Otherwise, great piece of film.

One other obstacle was getting the perforated cutouts for the earpiece and home button out. Never mentioned it in the instructions, and had to use a very fine tweezer to get them out.

13. GameraFan macrumors regular

I don't ask much from film but adhering properly is kind of its job. It's not great film.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

Has SGP solved their issues with getting orders out and complete? Where else to get SGP products from a vendor that actually has customer service?

15. AC202 macrumors member

Saw this in another thread yesterday: CRETOUCH.com

Credit to str8spd2001.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

Thanks!

17. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I have 1 of my 2 "no hole" Crystal ones unused. Which do you have to trade? I'd like to try one of the others.

18. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

The one crystal one I have applied is sticking fine around the button and earpiece. I "wet" applied it.

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Without a doubt one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Why they leave those cutouts in there is beyond me. It's like they want people to screw up the install or something so they have to order again. Just take the damn things out before you send them to us!

20. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Which seller on Ebay sells a legitimate SGP Ultra Crystal with the cutout for the front camera of the iPhone 4? I'm looking for one that doesn't have crazy shipping fees.

21. Gustariana macrumors newbie

Does the new design with the cutout cause dirt to accumulate on it? For some reason I imagine stuff getting into that little hole and mucking it up...

In any case I just got mine and they are the older version and I think I kinda like it but it's all due to my weird logic of the cutout being a magnet for dust etc.

22. DeLoMan macrumors regular

There really isn't a 'hole' cut into the film. It is merely a longer earpiece slot cut-out that extends out to the camera. So you'd be more likely to get dirt accumulating in the speaker hole than you would in the front-facing camera. Hopefully that description makes sense.

23. gwinanthony1985 macrumors member

So the ones we are ordering from now should have cutout for front camera??

24. deeddawg macrumors 604

The one I ordered from eBay last week and received a couple days ago did have the elongated cutout. Much better than the el-cheapo ebay protector I'd been using. Still doesnt come with a rear protector though, so the ebay one I had was still worthwhile since it was a front/back set and only cost $3 shipped. :)