Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tompkh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Hi all,

I bought an AirPort Express yesterday. All is working fine and it's really great to have my iTunes songs through my stereo thanks to AirPort Express. However, it seems impossible to have other audio outputted to my stereo (Quicktime, system sounds, Media Player, ...).

I found this AirFoil program on the net (for sale), but I'm sure there must be a cheaper way to have all the sound going over my AirPort Express??????

Thanks so much for all your suggestions/leads/solutions...

Best,

Thomas

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
airfoil is the only one i know of that does it. it's a great app from a great developer. just as warning, don't expect to be able to watch a quicktime movie on screen with the audio sent out to your Airport Express. it can do it, but the buffer will cause everything to be out of sync.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
tjwett said:
airfoil is the only one i know of that does it. it's a great app from a great developer. just as warning, don't expect to be able to watch a quicktime movie on screen with the audio sent out to your Airport Express. it can do it, but the buffer will cause everything to be out of sync.

I hear using VLC will sync the audio and video perfectly?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.