iPhone All the sudden I have to enter iTunes password for updates in iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Sherifftruman, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

So, when I got the iPhone 5 with iOS 6 it was nice not to have to enter my password every time I updated apps or downloaded free apps. However in the last few weeks it seems like I'm having to enter my password most of the time.

It's random in that it's not every single time, but I also have weirdness where I see there are updates on the badge but when I open the app store, it sits forever or acts like there are no updates. Then eventually it might actually show them or the password box pops up even after I've already started downloading the app updates.

I've tried rebooting the phone, closing App Store on the bottom bar,etc. if it were another app I would delete and reinstall, but obviously can't do that won't Eng the whole OS, which I would rather not do since I want to stay on 6.0 both for battery life and for any potential jail breaking, plus the wifi bug is not causing me any problems.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I always have to enter my pass. either iOS 5 or 6 for all the apps,I checked my settings and nothing.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps there are some sort of restrictions enabled on the phone?

4. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

I've had this through 5.0 and 6.0. Apple were supposed to have removed the need for passwords on free updates. Pisses me off!

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

That did happen, and seems to work for most. Something is either configured differently in case of some people who still run into this or there's some other issue behind it for those people.

6. F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

Just to confirm, you shouldn't be having to enter your password to update apps anymore.

I still get active enjoyment from not having to do this! Sorry to rub it in for those of you for whom it's not working!

7. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

It does sporadically... Some times I won't need to enter it for updates, other days it will randomly pop up and ask for it again. But there's no consistent time where it will ultimately allow updates without prompting.

8. Kallen macrumors newbie

Kallen

It depends on what apps are being updated. For example, the Craiglist app has a content warning, and thus requires a password. Lots of apps have a age/content warning.