All things Health & Fitness for Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kart, Apr 29, 2015.

1. kart macrumors member

One of, if not that standout feature that ensured that I was to buy an Apple Watch, was their fine detail in the Health & Fitness department.

Post up your favorite Health & Fitness apps, along with any handy tips/tricks you've learned with maintaining, &/or improving your Health & Fitness.

I would also like to hear what others would like to see in regards to the functions in which apps may be able to bring to Health & Fitness.

Personally, I love the fact that I now have a heart rate monitor, without wear bulky straps. It sits nicely on my wrist, works perfectly, and enables me to train at my optimum BMP.

I would love to hear what apps people are using to view/record their workouts.

2. MarySweeney macrumors newbie

You can have an Iphone app known as gym comrade to find a gym partner for your workouts.Workout partners can help keep you committed, motivated, and help provide the social support many people need to enjoy the sessions they are doing. So it is good to use this app and search for your best match in less time.

3. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

I think Under Armour own the most popular apps now: MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness, MapMyRun, Endomondo, etc. so they'd be a good place to start for new apps.

As for tips: When you drive to the shops, park further away, like at the back of the car park and sneak in those extra few steps.

4. Uppercut05 macrumors regular

one thing I'm finding really disappointing at the moment is the inaccurate GPS tracking. I got my AWS day one, and loved it. Used it for running and it consistently tracked longer KMs than mapmyrun. I assumed the watch was correct and mapmyrun was not.

But last weekend I ran a marathon, and I was pretty annoyed because mapmyrun was almost bang on, but the watch was not. It lost an entire KM by halfway through. At the end of the marathon (actually 45 km) it was only a KM out, so it picked up it's game I guess.

But then I went for a run today, only 8km (first since recovering from the marathon, ouch) and it ran long again, and over that distance was probably around 650 metres out, which is frankly unacceptable.

I'm a bit frustrated tbh. Not sure if it's something they can address in sw updates or something, I hope so.

I'd love to hear the experience of others