Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffrey23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Hey guys.

This question is for all the tiny tower players out there. Is there a difference in battery life if you minimize vs actually closing this game app? I have notifications turned on and even when I close the game (not minimize) I still get a notification alert, soo the game is still running??

Does anyone know if this game actually closes and do you guys notice more of a battery decrease while having this game on your device? I feel like I'm going through battery more but maybe it's from me having the device on more while playing the game. As of right now I'm at 36% battery with 8.5 hours standby and 6 hours of usage.

Thanks

Jeff

Fudd

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2011
It's definitely eating more battery when minimized so I've been closing it. I also turned notifications off as soon as I installed it.

Wowzera

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Brazil
My iPhone 4 battery can't stand your usage and standby time without playing any 3d games (just texting and voice).
So, you still have awesome battery life.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I just leave it minimised, but I don't play it much anymore. It gets boring after so many floors! Still trying to get a Mapple Store though, will stop after that!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I usually minimize Tiny Tower when not playing. It will go into a frozen state if you minimize so it will not drain the battery. I haven't experienced battery drain just from checking tiny tower. I also only check tiny tower every hour. Even though I do have notification turned on, it only sends me one notification telling me that floor # is complete and ready to stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.