Almost lost my iPhone today

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Today I left my iPhone in a cab. After Smsing and calling it for one hour it finally answered. It was a security guard four blocks blocks away who had said that somebody had accidentally knocked my phone out of the cab onto the curb and a bystander had picked it up and handed It to security. So I was fortunate that when I called security was holding my phone and he answered. So many things conspired to be being reunited with my iPhone.

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
Any sign of them using it? This is where Find My iPhone comes in handy :) believe it or not, I have about 4 or 5 friends that have used Find My iPhone successfully (a couple even filed criminal charges, went to the location their iPhone was with the police).

Comment

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
No damage even got my zoogue case back.

No sign of usage. It was pass code locked and I had not enabled Find my iPhone which is something I usually always have enabled.

Comment

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
No damage even got my zoogue case back.

No sign of usage. It was pass code locked and I had not enabled Find my iPhone which is something I usually always have enabled.
Right on! You, my friend, should go buy a few lottery tickets; very lucky fellow.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.